|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Edmund so miserable while riding in the sledge with the Witch?
(a) He is suffering from motion sickness.
(b) He does not know where he is.
(c) She is beating him.
(d) He has no coat.
2. What gift does Father Christmas give to Mrs. Beaver?
(a) A healing potion.
(b) A new sewing machine.
(c) A finished dam.
(d) A horn that will call protection.
3. What causes the Witch's sledge to stop moving all together?
(a) Melting snow.
(b) Harsh winds.
(c) A broken sledge runner.
(d) Large rocks.
4. What does the Witch disguise the dwarf as while Edmund is being rescued?
(a) A tree stump.
(b) A block of ice.
(c) A rock.
(d) A hill.
5. What does the Witch decide to do as she gets nearer to meeting Aslan?
(a) Turn back to her own house.
(b) Rest and regain power.
(c) Bring back the winter.
(d) Kill Edmund.
6. Who do the Pevency children think is making the noise that wakes them up while they are sleeping in the hiding place?
(a) Father Christmas.
(d) The White Witch.
7. What do the Pevency children wake up to the morning after they meet Aslan?
(a) The cries of the White Witch.
(b) Horns announcing Edmund's arrival.
(c) Edmund talking to Aslan.
(d) Aslan summoning them.
8. What word does the dwarf say that causes the Witch to threaten to kill him?
(a) Stone Table.
9. What does Mr. Beaver say always ruins a good ordinary meal?
(b) Bad feelings in the heart.
(c) The memory of a bad magical meal.
(d) A conflicted conscience.
10. What does Edmund do to the lion in the Witch's courtyard when it does not attack him?
(a) Draws a mustache on it.
(b) Mocks its weakness.
(c) Bows to it.
(d) Thanks it for not attacking.
11. Which of the following is NOT something Edmund wants to get from the queen?
(a) To get warm.
(b) Turkish Delight.
(c) To be a prince.
12. What do the mice do to Aslan's dead body?
(a) Scavenge the body.
(b) Gather his shaved mane.
(c) Lick his wounds.
(d) Chew away the cords around his body.
13. What does Aslan say when the Witch leaves after speaking with him?
(a) She has no power.
(b) They must move on.
(c) His time is short.
(d) Edmund is still in danger.
14. What does Aslan tell Edmund's siblings to do when they see him at the camp?
(a) Leave the past in the past.
(b) Forgive and forget.
(c) Let not mistakes be seen as sins.
(d) Not to allow past hurts to hurt the future.
15. What does Mrs. Beaver insist on doing before leaving her house?
(a) Locking her door.
(b) Packing supplies.
(c) Writing a letter.
(d) Making dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steps forward first to greet Aslan?
2. What does the Witch give Edmund to eat while he is at her house?
3. How does the Witch plan to travel after her sledge can no longer function?
4. How do Aslan and the other animals get out of the courtyard?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons the Witch gives for wanting to kill Edmund?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)