|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the lion in the Witch's courtyard not attack Edmund?
(a) It is Aslan.
(b) It is not a flesh-eating lion.
(c) It is made of stone.
(d) It is blind.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the reasons the Witch gives for wanting to kill Edmund?
(a) There are four thrones at Cair Paravel, not 3.
(b) The other children are already at the stone table.
(c) She does not need his help anymore.
(d) He is slowing her down.
3. What does Edmund do to the lion in the Witch's courtyard when it does not attack him?
(a) Bows to it.
(b) Mocks its weakness.
(c) Thanks it for not attacking.
(d) Draws a mustache on it.
4. What is Edmund thinking about when he leaves the beaver's house?
(a) His future crown.
(b) His hatred of Peter.
(c) The White Queen.
(d) Turkish Delight.
5. How does the Witch plan to kill Edmund?
(a) Turn him to stone.
(b) With a knife.
(c) Hang him from a tree.
(d) Leave him alone to starve.
6. Who is really making the noise that wakes the Pevency children while they are asleep in the hiding place?
(b) Father Christmas.
(d) The White Witch.
7. What do Peter and Aslan hear while they are talking together?
(a) Lucy's screams.
(b) The howling of a wolf.
(c) A summons for Aslan.
(d) Susan's horn.
8. How does the Witch plan to travel after her sledge can no longer function?
(a) Rafting on the river.
9. What does Aslan tell Edmund's siblings to do when they see him at the camp?
(a) Not to allow past hurts to hurt the future.
(b) Leave the past in the past.
(c) Forgive and forget.
(d) Let not mistakes be seen as sins.
10. What kind of a creature is Aslan?
11. What wakes up the Pevency children while they are sleeping in the hiding place?
(a) Cries of agony.
12. How do the Pevency children feel when they first see Aslan?
(a) They love him immediately.
(b) They are afraid.
(c) They are overwhelmed.
(d) They are incredibly happy.
13. What do the mice do to Aslan's dead body?
(a) Scavenge the body.
(b) Lick his wounds.
(c) Chew away the cords around his body.
(d) Gather his shaved mane.
14. What does the Witch do when the animals answer the questions she asked them?
(b) Turns them into stone.
(c) Kills them.
(d) Curses them.
15. What do the Pevency children wake up to the morning after they meet Aslan?
(a) Edmund talking to Aslan.
(b) Horns announcing Edmund's arrival.
(c) Aslan summoning them.
(d) The cries of the White Witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the battle against the Witch taking place?
2. What does Aslan say when the Witch leaves after speaking with him?
3. What gift does Father Christmas give to Peter?
4. Why does Edmund have a hard time getting to the Witch's house?
5. What is done to Aslan when he first approaches the Stone Table during the night?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)