|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmund ask the Witch for while he is at her house?
(a) Turkish Delight.
(b) A crown.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Some food.
2. What word does the dwarf say that causes the Witch to threaten to kill him?
(c) Stone Table.
3. What does Edmund do to the lion in the Witch's courtyard when it does not attack him?
(a) Bows to it.
(b) Mocks its weakness.
(c) Thanks it for not attacking.
(d) Draws a mustache on it.
4. Why does the lion in the Witch's courtyard not attack Edmund?
(a) It is blind.
(b) It is made of stone.
(c) It is not a flesh-eating lion.
(d) It is Aslan.
5. What happens as the Pevency children get nearer to meeting Aslan?
(a) They start to forget England.
(b) They become more happy and confident.
(c) They get stronger.
(d) The winter turns to spring.
6. Why does the Witch stop her sledge for the first time since leaving her house?
(a) She hears bells.
(b) She needs a rest.
(c) She sees a cluster of people.
(d) She sees the sun shining.
7. How do Lucy and Susan escape being seen by the Witch and her creatures?
(a) They were well hidden.
(b) They distracted them by throwing rocks.
(c) They were too giddy about Aslan dying to notice them.
(d) They acted like the Witch's followers.
8. What wakes up the Pevency children while they are sleeping in the hiding place?
(d) Cries of agony.
9. Where is the battle against the Witch taking place?
(a) The lamp post.
(b) The Stone Table.
(c) Cair Paravel.
10. What gift does Father Christmas give to Peter?
(a) A sword and shield.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A healing potion.
(d) A knife.
11. Which of the following is NOT something Edmund wants to get from the queen?
(a) Turkish Delight.
(b) To get warm.
(c) To be a prince.
12. What does Aslan say allowed him to come back to life?
(a) Deep Magic.
(b) He only pretended to die.
(c) He is immortal.
(d) Deeper Magic than the Deep Magic.
13. What is Peter most afraid of after Aslan speaks with the Witch?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) Battling the Witch alone.
(c) Seeing harm come to Aslan.
(d) Losing Edmund.
14. What is the Witch using as her weapon in the battle?
(a) Aslan's stolen sword.
(b) The claws of a lion.
(c) The sword that killed Aslan.
(d) Her wand.
15. Who is really making the noise that wakes the Pevency children while they are asleep in the hiding place?
(b) The White Witch.
(d) Father Christmas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing the Witch asks Edmund when he enters her house?
2. Who announces Edmund's arrival at the Witch's house?
3. What is the lion in the Witch's courtyard staring at?
4. What does the Witch give Edmund to eat while he is at her house?
5. Why does Edmund have a hard time getting to the Witch's house?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)