|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmund do to the lion in the Witch's courtyard when it does not attack him?
(a) Bows to it.
(b) Draws a mustache on it.
(c) Mocks its weakness.
(d) Thanks it for not attacking.
2. What does the Witch disguise herself as while Edmund is being rescued?
(a) A tree stump.
(b) A block of ice.
(c) A rock.
(d) A hill.
3. What happens as the Pevency children get nearer to meeting Aslan?
(a) The winter turns to spring.
(b) They start to forget England.
(c) They become more happy and confident.
(d) They get stronger.
4. What answer do the animals give to the Witch when she asks them a question after stopping her sledge?
(a) Aslan's return.
(b) They are currently planning to meet them.
(c) At Cair Paravel.
(d) Father Christmas.
5. What does Aslan say when he hears of Edmund's betrayal?
(a) He promises to do all he can to save him.
(b) He tells Lucy to never give up hope for Edmund.
(c) He says that he expected this.
(d) He tells Peter he must forgive Edmund.
6. Why is Edmund so miserable while riding in the sledge with the Witch?
(a) He is suffering from motion sickness.
(b) She is beating him.
(c) He has no coat.
(d) He does not know where he is.
7. What does the Witch see some animals eating when she stops her sledge after leaving her house?
(a) Fish and Chips.
(b) Tea and cake.
(c) Roast beef.
(d) Plum pudding.
8. What does Edmund do when he sees a lion in the Witch's courtyard?
(b) Stands very still.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Cries out in fear.
9. What is the first thing the Witch asks Edmund when he enters her house?
(a) Where his siblings are.
(b) If he is cold.
(c) Why he came back.
(d) What took him so long.
10. What gift does Father Christmas give to the beavers and the children to share just before he leaves?
(b) Tea leaves.
(c) Holly boughs.
11. Where does Father Christmas tell Lucy and Susan they will NOT use their gifts from him?
(a) In defense.
(b) In England.
(c) In battle.
(d) In Narnia.
12. Why does the lion in the Witch's courtyard not attack Edmund?
(a) It is Aslan.
(b) It is made of stone.
(c) It is blind.
(d) It is not a flesh-eating lion.
13. What wakes up the Pevency children while they are sleeping in the hiding place?
(c) Cries of agony.
14. What gift does Father Christmas give to Lucy?
(a) A horn that will call protection.
(b) A new sewing machine.
(c) A healing potion.
(d) A bow and arrow.
15. What does the Witch ask the animals that she sees when she stops her sledge after leaving her house?
(a) If they have heard news of Aslan.
(b) Where they live.
(c) What they are talking about.
(d) Where they got their food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Aslan killed at the Stone Table?
2. Who do the Pevency children think is making the noise that wakes them up while they are sleeping in the hiding place?
3. What does the Witch do when Edmund tries to interfere with her and the animals she is questioning?
4. What is the Witch using as her weapon in the battle?
5. What is the lion in the Witch's courtyard staring at?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)