|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Pevency children supposed to meet Aslan?
(a) In the Black Ice Castle.
(b) At the lamp post.
(c) At the Stone Table.
(d) At Cair Paravel.
2. What is the first thing Lucy notices when she approaches Mr. Tumnus' cave with her siblings?
(a) It has been broken in to.
(b) It looks cold and frozen.
(c) It is locked up.
(d) It is empty.
3. Who does Susan decide to talk to after Lucy and Edmund return from Narnia?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The Professor.
(d) The nanny.
4. How does Edmund react when he hears the name of the creature he is being taken to meet with?
(a) He gets sick to his stomach.
(b) He gets very angry.
(c) He is in awe.
(d) He feels that he has heard that name before.
5. Who is the first person in Narnia to speak to Edmund?
(a) The dwarf driving the sledge.
(c) The Queen.
(d) Mr. Tumnus.
6. Which one of the following is NOT something the Pevency children do during the sunny weather after Lucy's first trip to Narnia?
(d) Playing Cricket.
7. What does Mr. Beaver say is the only way the Pevency children can save Edmund from the White Witch?
(a) To find Aslan.
(b) To pray for him.
(c) To kill the White Witch.
(d) To follow him.
8. Why are the Pevency children sent to live somewhere else at the beginning of the book?
(a) To help their grandfather in his old age.
(b) To take a vacation together.
(c) To visit their uncle for the summer.
(d) To avoid the air raids.
9. What does the queen insist Edmund do if he ever wants to see her again?
(a) Take a vow of loyalty.
(b) Never return to his former home.
(c) Bring his siblings to her.
(d) Refuse to see his family again.
10. What does Edmund tell Peter that he was doing while he was in Narnia?
(a) Playing along with Lucy's game of pretend.
(b) Hiding in the wardrobe for hide and seek.
(c) Talking with the Queen.
(d) Searching for Lucy.
11. Where is the light in the wood coming from when Lucy gets to the end of the wardrobe?
(a) The moon.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) A street lamp.
(d) A campfire.
12. What does the queen do while Edmund is warming himself in her sledge?
(a) Compliments him and his cleverness.
(b) Peppers him with questions.
(c) Offers to feed him whatever he needs.
(d) Begs him to stay in her castle.
13. What is Lucy walking in when she gets to the end of the wardrobe?
(b) Pine Needles.
14. What does Susan think is causing Lucy to talk about Narnia?
(a) Mental illness.
(b) Stress and sadness.
(c) Her lying nature.
(d) A vivid dream.
15. Why is the queen bereft of any heirs when she meets Edmund?
(a) She has no children.
(b) She is immortal.
(c) They have been taken.
(d) They have all deserted her cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy give the faun when he starts to cry while she is at his house?
2. What does Peter lecture Edmund about after his first trip to Narnia?
3. What does Edmund ask for when the queen offers to feed him whatever he wants?
4. How do the children decide to keep warm while they are in Narnia together?
5. What does the White Queen yell at Edmund for when she first sees Edmund in Narnia?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)