|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the White Witch want to kill the Pevency children?
(a) Because she knows they will help Aslan.
(b) Because they are the heirs to the throne.
(c) Because of an old legend.
(d) Because she hates all humans.
2. Who leads the Pevency children away from Mr. Tumnus' cave?
(a) A beaver.
(b) A robin.
(c) A voice on the breeze.
(d) A fox.
3. Why do all the Pevency children go into the wardrobe?
(a) To prove Lucy wrong about Narnia.
(b) To hide from the housekeeper.
(c) To hide from the Professor.
(d) To find a coat to wear outdoors.
4. Why is the queen bereft of any heirs when she meets Edmund?
(a) She has no children.
(b) She is immortal.
(c) They have been taken.
(d) They have all deserted her cause.
5. How do the children decide to keep warm while they are in Narnia together?
(a) They huddle up together.
(b) They quickly run to Mr. Tumnus' house.
(c) They wear coats from the wardrobe.
(d) They stay near the wardrobe entrance.
6. Who does Susan take with her when she talks to the Professor about Lucy?
(a) The housekeeper.
7. What do the children like most about living at the house they are sent to live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) They can do whatever they want.
(b) The grounds are extensive and beautiful.
(c) It is very large.
(d) It is filled with books.
8. What are the children led to in the forest?
(a) A house.
(b) A robin.
(c) A beaver.
(d) A fox.
9. What does Lucy realize after Mr. Beaver tells them about the prophecy?
(a) Edmund is gone.
(b) Mr. Tumnus told her about the prophecy.
(c) She has seen this all happen in a dream.
(d) Mr. Beaver is working for Aslan.
10. How do Lucy's siblings react when she tells them she has been to Narnia?
(a) They think she is making up stories.
(b) They are certain she was dreaming.
(c) They are worried about her health.
(d) They think she is telling them about a book she read.
11. What does Susan think is causing Lucy to talk about Narnia?
(a) Her lying nature.
(b) Stress and sadness.
(c) A vivid dream.
(d) Mental illness.
12. How many layers are found in the wardrobe?
13. What is so peculiar about the spare room with the wardrobe in it?
(a) The door was locked.
(b) Everything in it seems antiquated.
(c) There is no other furniture there.
(d) It has not been cleaned or used in years.
14. What does the queen insist Edmund do if he ever wants to see her again?
(a) Refuse to see his family again.
(b) Bring his siblings to her.
(c) Take a vow of loyalty.
(d) Never return to his former home.
15. What is the first thing Lucy notices when she approaches Mr. Tumnus' cave with her siblings?
(a) It looks cold and frozen.
(b) It has been broken in to.
(c) It is locked up.
(d) It is empty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Pevency children supposed to meet Aslan?
2. Why does Susan feel the need to talk to someone after Edmund and Lucy return from their trip to Narnia?
3. What does the queen do when she hears Edmund is a human?
4. What is the first question that Edmund is asked when he first enters Narnia?
5. What causes the Pevency children to move to the back of the wardrobe?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)