|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inside the wardrobe in the spare room?
(b) Moth balls.
(c) Winter coats.
2. What is the occupation of the man the Pevency children are sent to live with at the beginning of the book?
3. Why can't the children see where Edmund has gone when they realize that he is missing from the beaver's house?
(a) He covered his tracks.
(b) It has been snowing.
(c) He never really left.
(d) He traveled on the ice leaving no tracks.
4. What is the first thing Lucy notices when she approaches Mr. Tumnus' cave with her siblings?
(a) It looks cold and frozen.
(b) It has been broken in to.
(c) It is locked up.
(d) It is empty.
5. What does Edmund refuse to do when he returns from his first trip to Narnia?
(a) Talk about his trip.
(b) Tell them the truth about the Queen.
(c) Admit that he was in Narnia.
(d) Go back to Narnia again.
6. Who is the animal in the forest supposed to take the Pevency siblings to meet?
(a) The White Witch.
(c) The White Queen.
(d) His wife.
7. Why do all the Pevency children go into the wardrobe?
(a) To find a coat to wear outdoors.
(b) To hide from the Professor.
(c) To hide from the housekeeper.
(d) To prove Lucy wrong about Narnia.
8. What is the first question that Edmund is asked when he first enters Narnia?
(a) Where did you come from?
(b) What are you?
(c) Why are you here?
(d) How did you get here?
9. Why does Edmund go into the wardrobe for the first time?
(a) He wants to find Narnia.
(b) He follows Lucy.
(c) He is hiding from the professor because he is in trouble.
(d) He is playing hide-and-seek.
10. Who are the Pevency children sent to live with at the beginning of the book?
(a) Their grandfather.
(b) Their uncle.
(c) Their godfather.
(d) A friend of their mother's.
11. What does Lucy tell the faun that she is when she first meets him?
(a) A human.
(b) A princess.
(c) A daughter of Ellen.
(d) A girl.
12. Who leads the Pevency children away from Mr. Tumnus' cave?
(a) A beaver.
(b) A voice on the breeze.
(c) A fox.
(d) A robin.
13. What causes the Pevency children to move to the back of the wardrobe?
(a) They are following Lucy.
(b) They know that is where Narnia will be.
(c) They get cramped.
(d) They feel a wind blowing there.
14. How does Peter react when he hears the name of the creature he is being taken to meet with?
(a) He feels that he has heard that name before.
(b) He is in awe.
(c) He gets very angry.
(d) He gets sick to his stomach.
15. Where are the Pevency children supposed to meet Aslan?
(a) At Cair Paravel.
(b) At the Stone Table.
(c) At the lamp post.
(d) In the Black Ice Castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peter lecture Edmund about after his first trip to Narnia?
2. Who takes the lead while the Pevency children are all in Narnia for the first time?
3. What is the name of the oldest sibling?
4. What does Edmund ask for when the queen offers to feed him whatever he wants?
5. What is Lucy so happy about when she sees Edmund in Narnia for the first time?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)