|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edmund feel about the queen being called a witch?
(a) He wants to tell them all that they are wrong about her.
(b) He thinks creatures are mistreating her.
(c) He does not believe she is evil.
(d) He can see where that idea came from.
2. What does Lucy give the faun when he starts to cry while she is at his house?
(a) A ring.
(b) A kiss on the cheek.
(c) A hug.
(d) A handkerchief.
3. What is Lucy so excited to announce when she returns with Edmund from Narnia?
(a) That she knows how they can get to Narnia as well.
(b) That the White Witch will be conquered.
(c) That Edmund went to Narnia, too.
(d) That Mr. Tumnus is safe.
4. How do the children learn where Mr. Tumnus has gone when they all enter his cave together?
(a) A note was left.
(b) A spell is placed on the cave.
(c) A beaver told them.
(d) Mr. Tumnus left Lucy's handkerchief and a short message.
5. Why is Susan told to trust Lucy regarding her story about Narnia?
(a) She is a good little girl with an imagination.
(b) She needs some support.
(c) She is acting out of stress and worry.
(d) She is an honest child.
6. Where does Lucy tell the faun she came from?
(a) The professor's closet.
(b) The English coutryside.
(c) The wardrobe in the spare room.
7. How does the animal in the forest know who the Pevency siblings are?
(a) He overheard them speaking.
(b) Mr. Tumnus told him.
(c) He read the note left by the police.
(d) The Queen told him to watch for them.
8. What does the queen insist Edmund do if he ever wants to see her again?
(a) Bring his siblings to her.
(b) Never return to his former home.
(c) Take a vow of loyalty.
(d) Refuse to see his family again.
9. What do the Pevency children find at the back of the wardrobe while they are all hiding inside it?
(b) A sunny beach.
(c) A lamp post.
(d) More coats.
10. What is the name of the oldest sibling?
11. What is the White Witch afraid the Pevency children will do to her?
(a) Take her throne.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Break her spell of winter.
(d) Help Aslan.
12. Which one of the following is NOT something the Pevency children do during the sunny weather after Lucy's first trip to Narnia?
(a) Playing Cricket.
13. Where are the thrones for the four humans supposed to be?
(a) At the lamp post.
(b) At Cair Paravel.
(c) At the Stone Table.
(d) In the Black Ice Castle.
14. What is the first question that Edmund is asked when he first enters Narnia?
(a) Where did you come from?
(b) What are you?
(c) How did you get here?
(d) Why are you here?
15. How does Peter react when he hears the name of the creature he is being taken to meet with?
(a) He feels that he has heard that name before.
(b) He gets very angry.
(c) He is in awe.
(d) He gets sick to his stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Beaver think Mr. Tumnus was taken?
2. Who are the Pevency children sent to live with at the beginning of the book?
3. What is inside the wardrobe in the spare room?
4. What good news does Mr. Beaver tell the children after they discuss Mr. Tumnus' sad fate?
5. Why can't the children see where Edmund has gone when they realize that he is missing from the beaver's house?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)