|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the children learn where Mr. Tumnus has gone when they all enter his cave together?
(a) A note was left.
(b) Mr. Tumnus left Lucy's handkerchief and a short message.
(c) A beaver told them.
(d) A spell is placed on the cave.
2. What is the White Witch afraid the Pevency children will do to her?
(a) Help Aslan.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Take her throne.
(d) Break her spell of winter.
3. What does Edmund ask for when the queen offers to feed him whatever he wants?
(a) Tea and scones.
(b) A warm, creamy drink.
(c) Turkish delight.
(d) A turkey platter.
4. What is the beaver's house next to?
(a) A cave.
(b) An orchard.
(c) A dam.
(d) A forest.
5. Who are the Pevency children sent to live with at the beginning of the book?
(a) Their grandfather.
(b) A friend of their mother's.
(c) Their uncle.
(d) Their godfather.
6. Who leads the Pevency children away from Mr. Tumnus' cave?
(a) A beaver.
(b) A voice on the breeze.
(c) A robin.
(d) A fox.
7. What does the faun do after Lucy calms him down when he is crying?
(a) Plays her a beautiful song.
(b) Tells her of a prophecy.
(c) Draws her a map.
(d) Takes her back home.
8. How does the animal in the forest know who the Pevency siblings are?
(a) The Queen told him to watch for them.
(b) Mr. Tumnus told him.
(c) He overheard them speaking.
(d) He read the note left by the police.
9. What does the animal in the forest do that shocks the Pevency siblings?
(b) Cooks them dinner.
(c) Knows their names.
(d) Shakes their hands.
10. What does Edmund say when the Pevency children are led to something in the forest?
(a) They should not trust animals.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He knows how to get to the Queen's castle.
(d) He has a bad feeling about this.
11. Why can't the children see where Edmund has gone when they realize that he is missing from the beaver's house?
(a) It has been snowing.
(b) He never really left.
(c) He covered his tracks.
(d) He traveled on the ice leaving no tracks.
12. What does the White Queen yell at Edmund for when she first sees Edmund in Narnia?
(a) Not announcing his coming.
(b) Not respecting the queen.
(c) Disrupting her sleigh ride.
(d) Not bowing to her.
13. What does Lucy realize after Mr. Beaver tells them about the prophecy?
(a) Mr. Beaver is working for Aslan.
(b) She has seen this all happen in a dream.
(c) Edmund is gone.
(d) Mr. Tumnus told her about the prophecy.
14. What do the children like most about living at the house they are sent to live in at the beginning of the book?
(a) It is filled with books.
(b) They can do whatever they want.
(c) The grounds are extensive and beautiful.
(d) It is very large.
15. How many layers are found in the wardrobe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first question that Edmund is asked when he first enters Narnia?
2. How does Peter react when he hears the name of the creature he is being taken to meet with?
3. What is the occupation of the man the Pevency children are sent to live with at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Lucy give the faun when he starts to cry while she is at his house?
5. Where is the light in the wood coming from when Lucy gets to the end of the wardrobe?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)