|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the faun planning to give Lucy to when she falls asleep?
(a) Queen Jardine.
(b) King Hasslan.
(d) The White Witch.
2. What does Mr. Beaver think will happen to Mr. Tumnus if he was taken where he thinks?
(a) He will be tortured.
(b) He will be turned into a statue.
(c) He will be brainwashed.
(d) He will be killed.
3. What does Susan do the minute she enters Narnia for the first time?
(a) Tries to crawl back in the wardrobe.
(d) Apologizes to Lucy.
4. What do the Pevency children find at the back of the wardrobe while they are all hiding inside it?
(a) A sunny beach.
(c) A lamp post.
(d) More coats.
5. Why is the queen bereft of any heirs when she meets Edmund?
(a) She is immortal.
(b) They have been taken.
(c) She has no children.
(d) They have all deserted her cause.
6. Who takes the lead while the Pevency children are all in Narnia for the first time?
7. What does the queen do while Edmund is warming himself in her sledge?
(a) Offers to feed him whatever he needs.
(b) Peppers him with questions.
(c) Compliments him and his cleverness.
(d) Begs him to stay in her castle.
8. How long is Lucy in Narnia the first time?
(a) Several hours.
(b) 15 minutes.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) A full day and night.
9. What does the White Queen yell at Edmund for when she first sees Edmund in Narnia?
(a) Not respecting the queen.
(b) Disrupting her sleigh ride.
(c) Not bowing to her.
(d) Not announcing his coming.
10. What does Edmund refuse to do when he returns from his first trip to Narnia?
(a) Talk about his trip.
(b) Go back to Narnia again.
(c) Tell them the truth about the Queen.
(d) Admit that he was in Narnia.
11. What does the queen insist Edmund do if he ever wants to see her again?
(a) Refuse to see his family again.
(b) Never return to his former home.
(c) Take a vow of loyalty.
(d) Bring his siblings to her.
12. What is the name of the second oldest sibling?
13. What does Edmund say when the Pevency children are led to something in the forest?
(a) They should not trust animals.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He has a bad feeling about this.
(d) He knows how to get to the Queen's castle.
14. What is the first thing Lucy notices when she approaches Mr. Tumnus' cave with her siblings?
(a) It is empty.
(b) It looks cold and frozen.
(c) It has been broken in to.
(d) It is locked up.
15. Who is waiting at the beaver's house for the Pevency siblings?
(a) The White Witch.
(c) Mrs. Beaver.
(d) Mr. Tumnus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person in Narnia to speak to Edmund?
2. Why are the Pevency children sent to live somewhere else at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Lucy tell the faun that she is when she first meets him?
4. Why does Susan feel the need to talk to someone after Edmund and Lucy return from their trip to Narnia?
5. Why can't the children see where Edmund has gone when they realize that he is missing from the beaver's house?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)