|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What good news does Mr. Beaver tell the children after they discuss Mr. Tumnus' sad fate?
(a) Aslan is on the move.
(b) Spring is coming.
(c) The Witch does not know where they are.
(d) The Witch's power is weakening.
2. Who are the Pevency children sent to live with at the beginning of the book?
(a) Their grandfather.
(b) A friend of their mother's.
(c) Their godfather.
(d) Their uncle.
3. What do the Pevency children do on another rainy day when they cannot go outside?
(a) Read books.
(b) Play hide-and-seek.
(c) Write letters to their parents.
(d) Tell stories.
4. What does the queen ask Edmund to do when he finishes eating in the sledge?
(a) Return home and never come back.
(b) Bring his siblings to her.
(c) Be her sole advisor and heir.
(d) Help her defeat Aslan.
5. Where is the light in the wood coming from when Lucy gets to the end of the wardrobe?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) A street lamp.
(c) A campfire.
(d) The moon.
6. What does Peter do the minute he enters Narnia for the first time?
(a) Tries to crawl back in the wardrobe.
(c) Apologizes to Lucy.
7. What is the first question that Edmund is asked when he first enters Narnia?
(a) Where did you come from?
(b) How did you get here?
(c) What are you?
(d) Why are you here?
8. Who does Susan take with her when she talks to the Professor about Lucy?
(d) The housekeeper.
9. Where does Mr. Beaver think Mr. Tumnus was taken?
(a) To the White Witch's house.
(b) To the Stone Table.
(c) To prison.
(d) To the Black Ice castle.
10. Where are the Pevency children supposed to meet Aslan?
(a) At the Stone Table.
(b) At the lamp post.
(c) In the Black Ice Castle.
(d) At Cair Paravel.
11. What does the queen do while Edmund is warming himself in her sledge?
(a) Begs him to stay in her castle.
(b) Compliments him and his cleverness.
(c) Offers to feed him whatever he needs.
(d) Peppers him with questions.
12. What kind of structure does the faun live in?
(a) A lean-to.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A dam.
(d) A cave.
13. Why are the Pevency children sent to live somewhere else at the beginning of the book?
(a) To help their grandfather in his old age.
(b) To avoid the air raids.
(c) To take a vacation together.
(d) To visit their uncle for the summer.
14. How does the animal in the forest know who the Pevency siblings are?
(a) The Queen told him to watch for them.
(b) He overheard them speaking.
(c) He read the note left by the police.
(d) Mr. Tumnus told him.
15. Why can't the children see where Edmund has gone when they realize that he is missing from the beaver's house?
(a) He traveled on the ice leaving no tracks.
(b) It has been snowing.
(c) He never really left.
(d) He covered his tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the queen do when she hears Edmund is a human?
2. What is the name of the faun?
3. Why does the White Witch want to kill the Pevency children?
4. Where does Lucy tell the faun she came from?
5. Which one of the following is NOT something the Pevency children do during the sunny weather after Lucy's first trip to Narnia?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)