Chapter 1, Lucy Looks into a Wardrobe
• Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy are sent to live with their uncle in the country in order to be safe from the air raids on London.
• The children enjoy their time at the house because it is so big, and they are free to do pretty much whatever they want to do.
• When it is too rainy to go outside, the children explore the many rooms in the house. In one room there is nothing but a large wardrobe full of fur coats.
• Lucy loves the feel of the fur coats and climbs in the wardrobe to surround herself with them. As she moves to the back of the wardrobe she finds that she is really standing in a wood clearing.
• In the clearing she sees a streetlamp, and notices that it is snowing. She sees a faun, a creature with the...
This section contains 2,165 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)