|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is with Cole when Sam sees his human form for the first time?
2. What odor comes from the wolf corpse in the woods?
3. Why does Sam have to build a new life for himself?
4. Where is Grace when she complains to Isabel about something?
5. What does Sam make his number one goal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Isabel feeling guilty about?
2. What does Isabel tell her parents when they tell her to stop hanging out with Grace?
3. What goal does Sam tell Grace to make?
4. Why don't Isabel's parents want her hanging around with Grace?
5. What does Sam have to get used to at the beginning of the book?
6. Why is Grace so angry with her parents?
7. How does Rachel help Sam contact Grace and why?
8. What secret does Isabel want to tell John?
9. What secret does Grace tell Rachel after they make dinner?
10. What comforts Sam when he is not allowed to sleep with Grace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
With which character do you relate the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Sam endures a crucible of sorts before the end of the book. What lessons does Sam learn through this experience and how could he have learned these lessons without causing so much grief?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)