|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Sam so surprised to get a present from Grace?
2. What is Grace called in her dream?
3. What does Sam tell his boss about Beck?
4. Why is Cole relieved that Sam is in charge?
5. Where is Sam really staying at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam explain to Karyn what has happened to Beck?
2. What does Cole learn about Sam in a newspaper clipping?
3. What secret does Grace tell Rachel after they make dinner?
4. Who is Beck?
5. Why does Cole tell Isabel he enjoys being a wolf?
6. What secret does Isabel want to tell John?
7. What goal does Sam tell Grace to make?
8. What does Isabel tell her parents when they tell her to stop hanging out with Grace?
9. What does Grace want to hear about when Sam mentions her fever?
10. What does Sam have to get used to at the beginning of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Justice and Mercy are two themes that are prevalent throughout this book. What are some of the places where these themes are present, and how do they work together to affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What does Cole reveal about the nature of werewolves, and how do these ideas differ from the previously held ideas about werewolfism?
Essay Topic 3
What do Isabel and her family bicker about throughout the whole book, and what far-reaching affects does this constant theme of anger and hostility have on the plot?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)