|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabel want to tell Olivia's brother?
2. Why does Sam hesitate to make long term plans?
3. In what state does Sam live?
4. Of whom does Cole remind Sam?
5. What does Sam miss from his childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Beck?
2. What does Sam have to get used to at the beginning of the book?
3. How is Sam discovered in Grace's room?
4. What does Grace want to hear about when Sam mentions her fever?
5. What does Isabel tell her parents when they tell her to stop hanging out with Grace?
6. What worries Sam about Grace?
7. What goal does Sam tell Grace to make?
8. What has Isabel been leaving in the woods, and why?
9. Why is Grace so angry with her parents?
10. What makes life at Isabel's house uncomfortable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
What is Cole's secret identity, and how does this affect the outcome of the book? Why does Cole feel he must keep this a secret, and what does this say about the nature of the other people in the pack?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Cole become a wolf, and what leads him to this decision?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)