|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the house that Fleming rents in Brisbane?
2. In Florida, what does a local Civil Defense woman discuss?
3. Where is Dillon talking to Major Jack Finch and Lieutenant Colonel Stanley Holliman about the R4D?
4. What card game do the nurses play with Moore?
5. What is the rescue mission called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the MAGIC program work?
2. Why is McCoy being brought back to the US according to Jake?
3. Why do Rickabee and Pickering oppose Dillon at the Office of Management Analysis?
4. What are some objections to the Operation Pickle?
5. Why is Jack relieved at Guadalcanal?
6. What is McCoy's plan to approach the island to rescue the men?
7. Why does a doctor come to see Moore?
8. What is Moore's relationship with Joanne?
9. Why is Pluto surprised by Gregory?
10. What is the message from the Pelican and how is it translated?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Line of Fire, Griffin's German society shows a conscious selectivity about technology. What do you think of the technology that McCoy uses? Which aspects do you find more or less appealing? How is technology associated with power and rebellion?
Essay Topic 2
Line of Fire is particularly effective in conveying meaning through powerful imagery -- powerful imagery to establish connections in the minds of readers with the story's characters and plot. Imagery is the picture we form in our minds of the story we read. It can involve, visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, tactile, kinetic, and kinesthetic. Griffin uses these imagery to translate words into a visual story that we can see and participate in within our minds. Describe the use of imagery in this novel.
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism occurs throughout Line of Fire. Identify 2-3 examples. What is the significance to the main characters of Pickering and McCoy and to the story line?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)