|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does General Vandergrift hold a meeting to bring his staff up-to-date on attacks?
2. How does Ernie travel when she goes to Washington D.C. from Florida?
3. Since Pickering is upset about Koffler and Howard on Baku Island, what has he been doing?
4. With whom does Moore share a suite at the Foster Lafayette Hotel?
5. What does MacArthur want to have in the air that Godfrey tells Pluto about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Rickabee and Pickering differ on the rescue mission?
2. What are some objections to the Operation Pickle?
3. How does the group view McCoy on the rescue mission?
4. What is surprising about the Japanese attack on Guadalcanal?
5. What do Hart and his men do to begin Operation Pickle?
6. Why do Rickabee and Pickering oppose Dillon at the Office of Management Analysis?
7. What does Operation Pickle involve?
8. How does Godfrey exhibit his courage?
9. What does Galloway say and do for the Dauntess pilots?
10. Why is Jack relieved at Guadalcanal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Line of Fire, money is associated with privilege and forgery along with the illusion of security or freedom through mastery or manipulation. Who has money? Who lacks it? Who is obsessed with it?
Essay Topic 2
In Line of Fire, Griffin's German society shows a conscious selectivity about technology. What do you think of the technology that McCoy uses? Which aspects do you find more or less appealing? How is technology associated with power and rebellion?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jake. What is his role in the story? What was Griffin trying to accomplish by creating Jake's character in the novel?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)