|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose leadership does the rescue group look to?
2. What is Hart aboard over the Solomon Sea looking for a submarine?
3. What is the name of the active Coastwatcher station?
4. How many pounds of Special Equipment will be sent according to Banning's message?
5. Where is the radio room for security located?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Galloway angry at Pick and Dick in the Wildcats?
2. What is happening as a result of MacArthur's orders?
3. What is the message from the Pelican and how is it translated?
4. Why does a doctor come to see Moore?
5. Why is Fleming annoyed with Banning about the rescue mission?
6. Why is Jack relieved at Guadalcanal?
7. What is surprising about the Japanese attack on Guadalcanal?
8. What do Hart and his men do to begin Operation Pickle?
9. What does Ellen decide to do when she is forced to move out of the cottage?
10. After Ernie leaves the suite, what do the naval men discuss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the main themes in the book is ethical and social responsibility. List at least four examples where Griffin employs this specific theme. Is the battle between making ethical choices obvious or subtle? What characters are involved in this kind of battle? Do you think the right person or group won? Does good always triumph over evil in the case of Line of Fire ethics? Where do these definitions appear vague or incomprehensible?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of security. Identify at least two motifs about security and intelligence. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
In Line of Fire, Griffin's German society shows a conscious selectivity about technology. What do you think of the technology that McCoy uses? Which aspects do you find more or less appealing? How is technology associated with power and rebellion?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)