|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dawkins think of Galloway's mission?
2. Whose heroics does Steward share with Dillon about Bloody Ridge?
3. What is Joanne's role concerning Moore's health?
4. What analysts have a meeting with General MacArthur?
5. As the group on Buka Island hide what goods they can near a cave, which lieutenant arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Galloway say and do for the Dauntess pilots?
2. Why does Stecker go to Henderson with Galloway?
3. What are some objections to the Operation Pickle?
4. Why is Pluto surprised by Gregory?
5. How do Rickabee and Pickering differ on the rescue mission?
6. Why is McCoy being brought back to the US according to Jake?
7. How do the Americans repel the Japanese attack on Guadalcanal?
8. Why is Jack relieved at Guadalcanal?
9. What is surprising about the Japanese attack on Guadalcanal?
10. What does Banning think of Ellen and of Pickering's security?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism occurs throughout Line of Fire. Identify 2-3 examples. What is the significance to the main characters of Pickering and McCoy and to the story line?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of security. Identify at least two motifs about security and intelligence. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 3
Courage and honor are themes that occur throughout the book. Who is courageous? Who is honorable? What events call upon courage or honor in individual characters? Who responds and in what ways? Who emerges in a powerful way as a result of courageous action?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)