|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Osgood have with McCoy?
2. With what family member of Sage does Ken make plans to have dinner with before he leaves on assignment?
3. What does Howard have as he parachutes?
4. What did Pickering leave behind at the hospital before he came to the suite?
5. For how long are the crates unloaded without being opened?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a doctor come to see Moore?
2. How does Godfrey exhibit his courage?
3. Why is Hart summoned by McCoy?
4. What are some objections to the Operation Pickle?
5. How does Pickering respond to his promotion?
6. Why does Stecker go to Henderson with Galloway?
7. How does Fowler assist his wounded friend Pickering?
8. How does Koffler respond when he finds the camp is empty?
9. What does Zimmerman discover about Thomas McCoy's deployment?
10. Why does Hart come to Pick to tell him about his father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Line of Fire, Griffin's German society shows a conscious selectivity about technology. What do you think of the technology that McCoy uses? Which aspects do you find more or less appealing? How is technology associated with power and rebellion?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did Griffin mean by calling the book Line of Fire? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Line of Fire is a classic military fiction novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category?
This section contains 1,533 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)