|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Pickering's body is injured when he arrives at the hotel to see Fowler?
2. Who is aboard a R4D heading for Guadalcanal?
3. Through what reports do the officers learn about Japanese troops on Guadalcanal?
4. What is the name of the plant that Pickering is going to visit in Long Island?
5. For how long are the crates unloaded without being opened?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Koffler do to warn others about the Japanese planes?
2. What is the message that Feldt receives and why does Banning dislike Mitchell?
3. How does Thomas McCoy pose a problem for the Marines?
4. How does Rickabee assist Pickering?
5. What happens when the radio goes off before the invasion?
6. What is the importance of the Coastwatchers?
7. Why does Hart come to Pick to tell him about his father?
8. What two actions taken by Pick can result in a court martial?
9. How do McCoy and Sage make their plans together?
10. Why do Pick and Stecker find that they have to explain their actions often to superiors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Line of Fire is written primarily in the third-persona and omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Pickering?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Jake. What is his role in the story? What was Griffin trying to accomplish by creating Jake's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
In Line of Fire, Griffin's German society shows a conscious selectivity about technology. What do you think of the technology that McCoy uses? Which aspects do you find more or less appealing? How is technology associated with power and rebellion?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)