|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ken have to report to for duty that Sage plans on accompanying him to?
2. What is the name of the plant that Pickering is going to visit in Long Island?
3. What is inside the crates that are being unloaded?
4. Where does the parachute drop occur?
5. Where in New Jersey is the Naval Air Station?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the group view McCoy on the rescue mission?
2. What is surprising about the Japanese attack on Guadalcanal?
3. How does Koffler avoid detection by the Betty Bombers?
4. How does the MAGIC program work?
5. Why is Fleming annoyed with Banning about the rescue mission?
6. What is the significance of the crates in the freighter that docks in Melbourne?
7. How does Rickabee assist Pickering?
8. Why is Jack relieved at Guadalcanal?
9. How does Pick respond to news of his father's illness?
10. What is McCoy's plan to approach the island to rescue the men?
Essay Topic 1
In Line of Fire, Griffin's German society shows a conscious selectivity about technology. What do you think of the technology that McCoy uses? Which aspects do you find more or less appealing? How is technology associated with power and rebellion?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism occurs throughout Line of Fire. Identify 2-3 examples. What is the significance to the main characters of Pickering and McCoy and to the story line?
Essay Topic 3
Describe some of the settings for Line of Fire. What is the overall setting? How do the Solomon Islands change over time? How is San Francisco different from the depiction of San Diego? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in Line of Fire?
This section contains 1,650 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)