|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom are Reeves and Howard stealing supplies?
2. Where does McCoy and Moore secure rooms at?
3. Who is Hart's assistant drill instructor?
4. What does Koffler send regarding Japanese planes headed for Guadalcanal?
5. For how long are the crates unloaded without being opened?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hart hate Warren?
2. What is the significance of the crates in the freighter that docks in Melbourne?
3. What happens when the radio goes off before the invasion?
4. How is Buka Island described in Chapter 1?
5. Why is Hart summoned by McCoy?
6. What is the formality that Fowler experiences when he travels to the White House?
7. How does Fowler and Knox try to help Pickering?
8. How does Thomas McCoy pose a problem for the Marines?
9. How do Pickering and Stecker end up in Pensacola?
10. Why do Pick and Stecker find that they have to explain their actions often to superiors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Line of Fire is a classic military fiction novel. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category?
Essay Topic 2
In Line of Fire, money is associated with privilege and forgery along with the illusion of security or freedom through mastery or manipulation. Who has money? Who lacks it? Who is obsessed with it?
Essay Topic 3
Pickering and McCoy are two of the most active characters in discussing their social and political beliefs.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Pickering had a direct influence upon? What are some events that McCoy had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support or sympathy to people that attempt to rebel against rules? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)