Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Fowler calls room service, what does Pickering do?
2. What is Zimmerman a sergeant of?
3. Where are Zimmerman and McCoy stationed?
4. Where does Koffler run to as he grabs his gun and looks for the treehouse?
5. Who is sitting with the President when Fowler arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pickering respond to his ill health?
2. What does Zimmerman discover about Thomas McCoy's deployment?
3. What is happening as a result of MacArthur's orders?
4. How does Fowler and Knox try to help Pickering?
5. Why is Pluto surprised by Gregory?
6. Why is Jack relieved at Guadalcanal?
7. How does the group view McCoy on the rescue mission?
8. Why do Pick and Stecker find that they have to explain their actions often to superiors?
9. Why does McCoy not want to tell Koffler or Howard about the rescue?
10. How does Fowler assist his wounded friend Pickering?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the motif of security. Identify at least two motifs about security and intelligence. Then cite an example to support each answer.
Essay Topic 2
Griffin espouses a radical approach to work and employment that would alter the structure of society. He describes the worker in Line of Fire as a proletariat like Marxian philosophy who is rebelling against the party in power. Describe the worker in Line of Fire. Do you think this is realistic and characteristic of today? Do you think the issues that Griffin discusses are still relevant today and if so, in what ways?
Essay Topic 3
Motive is a powerful driving force behind action. Why is motive important in determining the actions and behavior of the soldiers? What are the motives of McCoy? How do they contrast with that of Pickering or Jake? Where do they coincide?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)