Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Fowler calls room service, what does Pickering do?
2. What is Zimmerman a sergeant of?
3. Where are Zimmerman and McCoy stationed?
4. Where does Koffler run to as he grabs his gun and looks for the treehouse?
5. Who is sitting with the President when Fowler arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pickering respond to his ill health?
2. What does Zimmerman discover about Thomas McCoy's deployment?
3. What is happening as a result of MacArthur's orders?
4. How does Fowler and Knox try to help Pickering?
5. Why is Pluto surprised by Gregory?
6. Why is Jack relieved at Guadalcanal?
7. How does the group view McCoy on the rescue mission?
8. Why do Pick and Stecker find that they have to explain their actions often to superiors?
9. Why does McCoy not want to tell Koffler or Howard about the rescue?
10. How does Fowler assist his wounded friend Pickering?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Line of Fire with another of Griffin's other books in his combat series. Which is, in your opinion, better? Explain. What future scenarios might you want to see in upcoming books? Which characters would you like to see portrayed? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of family in Line of Fire. What does family mean for Pickering? What does family mean for McCoy? How are these definitions similar? Is family supportive and in what ways? How do these definitions compare to a traditional family in 20th century America on the west coast?
Essay Topic 3
Pickering and McCoy are two of the most active characters in discussing their social and political beliefs.
Part 1) What is their relationship? How do they co-exist and how do they interact? What is similar about them and what is different?
Part 2) What are some events that Pickering had a direct influence upon? What are some events that McCoy had a direct influence upon?
Part 3) Which character offers support or sympathy to people that attempt to rebel against rules? Which one is stronger and why?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)