Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Fowler calls room service, what does Pickering do?
2. What is Zimmerman a sergeant of?
3. Where are Zimmerman and McCoy stationed?
4. Where does Koffler run to as he grabs his gun and looks for the treehouse?
5. Who is sitting with the President when Fowler arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pickering respond to his ill health?
2. What does Zimmerman discover about Thomas McCoy's deployment?
3. What is happening as a result of MacArthur's orders?
4. How does Fowler and Knox try to help Pickering?
5. Why is Pluto surprised by Gregory?
6. Why is Jack relieved at Guadalcanal?
7. How does the group view McCoy on the rescue mission?
8. Why do Pick and Stecker find that they have to explain their actions often to superiors?
9. Why does McCoy not want to tell Koffler or Howard about the rescue?
10. How does Fowler assist his wounded friend Pickering?
In Line of Fire, money is associated with privilege and forgery along with the illusion of security or freedom through mastery or manipulation. Who has money? Who lacks it? Who is obsessed with it?
Describe Jake. What is his role in the story? What was Griffin trying to accomplish by creating Jake's character in the novel?
Griffin uses some important instances of foreshadowing in Line of Fire. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)