|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ken have to report to for duty that Sage plans on accompanying him to?
2. What is the fighter squadron that Pick will be joining?
3. Who is sitting with the President when Fowler arrives?
4. While Fowler calls room service, what does Pickering do?
5. Where in Long Island is the plant that Pickering is going to visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hart summoned by McCoy?
2. How does Fowler and Knox try to help Pickering?
3. Why does Hart come to Pick to tell him about his father?
4. How do Pickering and Stecker end up in Pensacola?
5. How does Rickabee assist Pickering?
6. What is the formality that Fowler experiences when he travels to the White House?
7. What does Pickering learn from the President about his assignment?
8. How does Koffler avoid detection by the Betty Bombers?
9. How does Thomas McCoy pose a problem for the Marines?
10. What two actions taken by Pick can result in a court martial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the main themes in the book is ethical and social responsibility. List at least four examples where Griffin employs this specific theme. Is the battle between making ethical choices obvious or subtle? What characters are involved in this kind of battle? Do you think the right person or group won? Does good always triumph over evil in the case of Line of Fire ethics? Where do these definitions appear vague or incomprehensible?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Jake. What is his role in the story? What was Griffin trying to accomplish by creating Jake's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Line of Fire is written primarily in the third-persona and omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Pickering?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)