|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Fowler calls room service, what does Pickering do?
2. What is Zimmerman a sergeant of?
3. Where are Zimmerman and McCoy stationed?
4. Where does Koffler run to as he grabs his gun and looks for the treehouse?
5. Who is sitting with the President when Fowler arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pickering respond to his ill health?
2. What does Zimmerman discover about Thomas McCoy's deployment?
3. What is happening as a result of MacArthur's orders?
4. How does Fowler and Knox try to help Pickering?
5. Why is Pluto surprised by Gregory?
6. Why is Jack relieved at Guadalcanal?
7. How does the group view McCoy on the rescue mission?
8. Why do Pick and Stecker find that they have to explain their actions often to superiors?
9. Why does McCoy not want to tell Koffler or Howard about the rescue?
10. How does Fowler assist his wounded friend Pickering?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jake. What is his role in the story? What was Griffin trying to accomplish by creating Jake's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Motive is a powerful driving force behind action. Why is motive important in determining the actions and behavior of the soldiers? What are the motives of McCoy? How do they contrast with that of Pickering or Jake? Where do they coincide?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did Griffin mean by calling the book Line of Fire? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 1,567 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)