|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Koffler when he is worried about the men stealing from the Japanese?
2. On what island do Steve Koffler and Ian Bruce spot a squadron of Japanese Betty Bombers?
3. Where does Koffler run to as he grabs his gun and looks for the treehouse?
4. What part of Pickering's body is injured when he arrives at the hotel to see Fowler?
5. What rifle is McCoy given by Johnston?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pickering learn from the President about his assignment?
2. Why does Stecker go to Henderson with Galloway?
3. When Finch is lost in battle, how does Galloway respond?
4. Why does McCoy not want to tell Koffler or Howard about the rescue?
5. Why do Rickabee and Pickering oppose Dillon at the Office of Management Analysis?
6. What is the message that Feldt receives and why does Banning dislike Mitchell?
7. Why do Pick and Stecker find that they have to explain their actions often to superiors?
8. What does Banning think of Ellen and of Pickering's security?
9. What is the significance of the crates in the freighter that docks in Melbourne?
10. What is the decoded MAGIC message received in the Dungeon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Line of Fire, Griffin's German society shows a conscious selectivity about technology. What do you think of the technology that McCoy uses? Which aspects do you find more or less appealing? How is technology associated with power and rebellion?
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the settings for Line of Fire. What is the overall setting? How do the Solomon Islands change over time? How is San Francisco different from the depiction of San Diego? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did the author choose to use these places in Line of Fire?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jake. What is his role in the story? What was Griffin trying to accomplish by creating Jake's character in the novel?
This section contains 1,605 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)