|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Senator Fowler stay in Washington DC?
2. When does Hart meet McCoy for recruitment?
3. Where does McCoy arrive with Moore to recruit men?
4. On what island do Steve Koffler and Ian Bruce spot a squadron of Japanese Betty Bombers?
5. Where does Zimmerman go with McCoy's seabag?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thomas McCoy pose a problem for the Marines?
2. What does Pickering argue about with Fowler in order to get out of the Navy?
3. What is the significance of the crates in the freighter that docks in Melbourne?
4. Why does Hart come to Pick to tell him about his father?
5. How does Pickering respond to his ill health?
6. What is the message that Feldt receives and why does Banning dislike Mitchell?
7. How does Pickering respond to his promotion?
8. How does Koffler respond when he finds the camp is empty?
9. What does Pickering learn from the President about his assignment?
10. What is the formality that Fowler experiences when he travels to the White House?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Line of Fire, Griffin's German society shows a conscious selectivity about technology. What do you think of the technology that McCoy uses? Which aspects do you find more or less appealing? How is technology associated with power and rebellion?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did Griffin mean by calling the book Line of Fire? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Line of Fire is written primarily in the third-persona and omniscient point of view. Is this point of view more or less effective than telling the story from the first-person perspective of Pickering?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)