|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Pickering's uniforms from?
2. What do Hart and Pick take the plane out even though Pick has never flown it before?
3. What hotel in the family chain do Stecker and Pick wish to visit?
4. When does Ken plan on marrying Sage?
5. Where do Sage, Kridedler, and McCoy meet in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fowler assist his wounded friend Pickering?
2. What does Pickering argue about with Fowler in order to get out of the Navy?
3. Why is Hart summoned by McCoy?
4. Why does Hart come to Pick to tell him about his father?
5. How does Rickabee assist Pickering?
6. What does Zimmerman discover about Thomas McCoy's deployment?
7. How does Pickering respond to his ill health?
8. What is the message that Feldt receives and why does Banning dislike Mitchell?
9. Why do Pick and Stecker find that they have to explain their actions often to superiors?
10. What two actions taken by Pick can result in a court martial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Griffin uses some important instances of foreshadowing in Line of Fire. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of family in Line of Fire. What does family mean for Pickering? What does family mean for McCoy? How are these definitions similar? Is family supportive and in what ways? How do these definitions compare to a traditional family in 20th century America on the west coast?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism occurs throughout Line of Fire. Identify 2-3 examples. What is the significance to the main characters of Pickering and McCoy and to the story line?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)