|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Japanese Betty Bombers does Koffer see?
2. What tells Pick that they do not have his departure clearance and to land immediately?
3. Who is sitting with the President when Fowler arrives?
4. Where does Zimmerman go with McCoy's seabag?
5. What organization will Pickering be head of as a result of his promotion?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pickering respond to his promotion?
2. What is the message that Feldt receives and why does Banning dislike Mitchell?
3. How does Fowler assist his wounded friend Pickering?
4. How does McCoy assist the war effort in Guadalcanal?
5. How does Fowler and Knox try to help Pickering?
6. How does Pickering respond to his ill health?
7. What two actions taken by Pick can result in a court martial?
8. How does Rickabee assist Pickering?
9. Why does Hart hate Warren?
10. How does Koffler avoid detection by the Betty Bombers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did Griffin mean by calling the book Line of Fire? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism occurs throughout Line of Fire. Identify 2-3 examples. What is the significance to the main characters of Pickering and McCoy and to the story line?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jake. What is his role in the story? What was Griffin trying to accomplish by creating Jake's character in the novel?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)