|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pick's fighter squadron?
2. Where do Pick and Hart meet Foster after landing the plane?
3. Where does Koffler run to as he grabs his gun and looks for the treehouse?
4. Where is Pick dining with his grandfather, Andrew Foster?
5. Where was Zimmerman stationed with McCoy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two actions taken by Pick can result in a court martial?
2. How does Pickering respond to his promotion?
3. What does Zimmerman discover about Thomas McCoy's deployment?
4. What is the message that Feldt receives and why does Banning dislike Mitchell?
5. How do McCoy and Sage make their plans together?
6. How does Fowler assist his wounded friend Pickering?
7. What does Koffler do to warn others about the Japanese planes?
8. How does Rickabee assist Pickering?
9. What is the formality that Fowler experiences when he travels to the White House?
10. What does Pickering learn from the President about his assignment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Line of Fire, money is associated with privilege and forgery along with the illusion of security or freedom through mastery or manipulation. Who has money? Who lacks it? Who is obsessed with it?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Jake. What is his role in the story? What was Griffin trying to accomplish by creating Jake's character in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism occurs throughout Line of Fire. Identify 2-3 examples. What is the significance to the main characters of Pickering and McCoy and to the story line?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)