|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city/town do Zimmerman and Thomas McCoy land at Henderson field?
2. What does the hotel doctor do for Pickering?
(a) Give him a flu shot.
(b) Attend to his bandages.
(c) Take his temperature.
(d) Clean his bowels.
3. Who is aboard a R4D heading for Guadalcanal?
4. What tells Pick that they do not have his departure clearance and to land immediately?
(a) The tower.
(b) The airport security.
(c) The ambulance team.
(d) The police.
5. What carries a story about Pickering's promotion to Brigadier General?
(a) A letter.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A radio program.
(d) A dance routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Pickering's body is injured when he arrives at the hotel to see Fowler?
2. What relationship does Osgood have with McCoy?
3. Where in New Jersey is the Naval Air Station?
4. Where does Rickabee have orders for Hart to travel to?
5. Who is Hart's assistant drill instructor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two actions taken by Pick can result in a court martial?
2. What does Pickering argue about with Fowler in order to get out of the Navy?
3. What happens when the radio goes off before the invasion?
4. How does Fowler assist his wounded friend Pickering?
5. What is the formality that Fowler experiences when he travels to the White House?
6. How does Pick respond to news of his father's illness?
7. How do McCoy and Sage make their plans together?
8. What is the significance of the crates in the freighter that docks in Melbourne?
9. What does Zimmerman discover about Thomas McCoy's deployment?
10. How do the Americans keep their troops fresh for the attack on Henderson Field?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)