|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose heroics does Steward share with Dillon about Bloody Ridge?
2. What do many people involved in the rescue mission feel about it?
(a) It is scary.
(b) It will succeed.
(c) It is loud.
(d) It will fail.
3. On September 13, how many F4F Wildcats are delivered to Henderson Field?
4. After doing some research in Florida, where will McCoy, Hart, and Moore go?
5. What is the rescue mission called?
(a) Operation Pick.
(b) Operation Banning.
(c) Operation McCoy.
(d) Operation Pickle.
6. When Hart returns to the Fowler suite is Washington, what does Patricia Pickering apologize for?
(a) The size of the suite.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Pick's antics.
(d) Their food.
7. Where does Jack go with Galloway after learning about his son's fate?
(a) Henderson Field.
(d) Baku Island.
8. What does Dawkins think of Galloway's mission?
(a) It is great.
(b) It is weak.
(c) It is suicidal.
(d) It is strong.
9. What role does Godfrey have that reveals his surprising knowledge about the mission?
10. Where is the radio room for security located?
11. What does Ellen protest against initially that McCoy says about the cottage?
(a) That it is old.
(b) That the owner is lewd.
(c) That it is dirty.
(d) That the men will stay there.
12. What does McCoy think that they should leave behind on the beach during the rescue mission?
13. What card game do the nurses play with Moore?
(d) Gin rummy.
14. What results are favorable and sent back by radio to Baku?
15. On Baku Island, where is a long encrypted message received?
(a) Ferdinand Six.
(b) Master One.
(c) Badlands Five.
(d) Treaty Four.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term in the message that Koffler receives that means something about Daphne?
2. At what hotel is Rickabee called to a meeting by Pickering?
3. When Ellen has to leave the cottage, where does she have to stay?
4. What treatment does Moore stop, making him suffer a relapse?
5. What program involves intercepting Japanese encoded messages?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)