|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reeves build the treehouse for?
(a) A date.
(b) A punishment.
(c) A place to sleep.
(d) An observation post.
2. How many Japanese Betty Bombers does Koffer see?
3. How far away are the Japanese troops on Guadalcanal from Henderson Field?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 200 miles.
4. Where does McCoy arrive with Moore to recruit men?
(a) Mew Island.
(b) Storage Island.
(c) Parris Island.
(d) Banff Island.
5. From whom are Reeves and Howard stealing supplies?
(a) The Japanese.
(b) The Americans.
(c) The British.
(d) The Germans.
6. What carries a story about Pickering's promotion to Brigadier General?
(a) A letter.
(b) A radio program.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A dance routine.
7. Where do Pick and Hart meet Foster after landing the plane?
(a) The suite.
(b) The restaurant.
(c) The library.
(d) The hotel bar.
8. Who is sitting with the President when Fowler arrives?
9. How do Stecker and Pick reach Long Island?
(a) By bus only.
(b) By limousine only.
(c) By taxi only.
(d) By limousine and taxi.
10. What arrangements does Pick make for Hart for his stay?
11. What does Hart do before he enters the Marine Corps?
(a) He is a lieutenant.
(b) He is a fireman.
(c) He is a police officer.
(d) He is a guard.
12. What does the President say is impossible for Pickering to do?
(a) Join the navy.
(b) Leave the navy.
(c) Leave the army.
(d) Join the airforce.
13. What is the name of the freighter mentioned in Chapter 1?
(a) Lewis Clark.
(b) Abigail T. Bone.
(c) John T. Rogers Jr.
(d) Jason B. Moore.
14. In what vehicle do Pickering and Stecker travel to the Naval Air Station?
15. What relationship does Osgood have with McCoy?
(a) They are brothers.
(b) They are neighbors.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They are enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fighter squadron that Pick will be joining?
2. What is Feldt the Commanding Officer of?
3. What organization will Pickering be head of as a result of his promotion?
4. What problem does Thomas McCoy appear to have?
5. Where is Feldt the Commanding Officer?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)