|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Stephen Logan?
(a) Lincoln's colleague.
(b) Lincoln's roommate.
(c) Lincoln's father-in-law.
(d) Lincoln's law partner.
2. Where was Lincoln's law firm based?
(a) Hampton County.
(b) Logan County.
(c) Sangamon County.
(d) Menard County.
3. What was Lincoln's party?
(a) Union Party.
4. When was Lincoln born?
5. What did Lincoln work on after the 1852 election?
(a) Fighting slavery.
(b) Developing a platform for the Representation.
(c) Getting reelected.
(d) Getting Fillmore elected.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Lincoln follow around through his home county?
2. How did Lincoln campaign for President?
3. What was the first election Lincoln won?
4. What important event took place after Lincoln returned to Illinois?
5. What was Lincoln's stance on blacks' equality?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lincoln finally get married?
2. What was the effect of Lincoln's election on national politics?
3. Describe Abraham Lincoln's period of aimlessness in Illinois.
4. How did Lincoln's legal practice bring him into questions of statewide or national importance?
5. When did Lincoln start his family?
6. How were senators chosen in the 1850s?
7. What part did Lincoln's private life play in the years after he returned to Springfield?
8. What issue was returned Lincoln to politics?
9. Describe Lincoln's arrival in Springfield and early law practice.
10. What was Lincoln's early relationship with his father like?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)