|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lincoln's father start out before he moved to Illinois?
(c) North Carolina.
2. Describe Lincoln's activities during his 'retirement' from politics.
(a) He ran for local office but never won.
(b) He advocated for Whig candidates.
(c) He was absent from politics entirely.
(d) He focused solely on building his law firm.
3. In what war had the 1848 Whig party candidate served?
(a) The Revolutionary War.
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) The Indian Wars.
(d) The Mexican War.
4. Describe Lincoln's two children.
5. What image did Lincoln's advisers associate him with in his 1860 campaign?
(a) A stone wall.
(b) A fence rail.
(c) An old warhorse.
(d) A cherry tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Lincoln's relationship with his ancestry.
2. Describe Lincoln's relationship with his stepmother.
3. What was the result of Lincoln's campaign against Douglas?
4. Where did Lincoln deliver an address in front of prominent Republican Party members?
5. Who was Mary Todd?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lincoln finally get married?
2. What did Lincoln do after he lost to Douglas?
3. What was Lincoln's relationship with his stepmother like?
4. What was Lincoln's involvement in the 1848 Presidential election?
5. What was the outcome of the Lincoln-Douglas debates in 1858?
6. Describe Lincoln's temperament as a politician.
7. What was Lincoln's early relationship with his father like?
8. How did Lincoln end up back in Springfield?
9. How did Lincoln's legal practice bring him into questions of statewide or national importance?
10. Describe the beginnings of the Civil War.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)