|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position did Lincoln hold after winning the 1852 election?
(a) State Senator.
(b) U.S. Senator.
(c) U.S. Representative.
(d) No position.
2. What issue does Donald say consumed a great deal of Lincoln's time and drove his politics?
(a) Preparing the public for a long war.
(b) Supplying Fort Sumter.
(c) Preventing in-fighting in his cabinet.
(d) Keeping border states loyal.
3. Why did Lincoln have to hand over his earnings to his father?
(a) He was under 21.
(b) He was not married yet.
(c) In order to help with the family finances.
(d) He was still living at home.
4. What was the issue at the heart of the issue that brought Lincoln back to politics?
(a) The Monroe Doctrine.
(b) The Gold Standard.
(c) Popular sovereignty.
(d) Manifest Destiny.
5. When did Lincoln begin to cultivate his intellect?
(a) After law school.
(b) After losing an election.
(c) After marrying.
(d) After being elected to the legislature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the South ultimately surrender?
2. What is considered the most controversial action Lincoln took during the Civil War?
3. Why were the western states unhappy with the Civil War?
4. What effect did slavery have on politics in the 1850s?
5. What turned public opinion in favor of Lincoln?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)