|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was McClellan's feeling about the President and Congress?
(a) He distrusted them.
(b) He was cowed by them.
(c) He was disgusted by civilian leadership.
(d) He was afraid of them.
2. Describe the relationship between Lincoln's wife and his business partner.
3. Who was Stephen Logan?
(a) Lincoln's father-in-law.
(b) Lincoln's law partner.
(c) Lincoln's colleague.
(d) Lincoln's roommate.
4. What industry did Lincoln begin to represent in court after he returned to Illinois?
5. What did Lincoln do when he returned to Illinois?
(a) Returned to his law practice.
(b) Campaigned for reelection.
(c) Acted as Governor.
(d) Worked in the Federal Land Office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the Democrats get to run against Lincoln?
2. How did Lincoln appease the border states?
3. Who warned Lincoln against going to the Confederate capitol?
4. What criticism was made of the Emancipation Proclamation?
5. Whom did Lincoln begin to fight with as he reached adolescence?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)