|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lincoln campaign for President?
(a) His advisors campaigned for him.
(b) He gave weekly radio addresses.
(c) He gave interviews in all the U.S. papers.
(d) He toured the U.S., giving speeches.
2. Describe Lincoln's relationship with his advisers.
(a) His advisers were loyal to him but often disliked each other.
(b) His advisers were all influential people whose ambitions often conflicted.
(c) His advisers were known as a "cabinet of enemies".
(d) His advisers were each experts but not always friendly with him.
3. What was Lincoln's policy between the election in 1860 and his inauguration in 1861?
(a) Not to make speeches.
(b) To anticipate the Civil War.
(c) To announce his policies.
(d) To browbeat the Southern states.
4. What did Lincoln advocate in his inauguration address?
(a) Compelling the South to return to the Union.
(b) Preserving the Union.
(c) Reducing the tension over slavery.
(d) Declaring war on the South.
5. Where did Lincoln's father start out before he moved to Illinois?
(b) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lincoln have to hand over his earnings to his father?
2. Why was the Whig party divided against itself?
3. What position did Lincoln hold after winning the 1852 election?
4. About what did Lincoln speak out against as a Representative?
5. Whom did Lincoln begin to fight with as he reached adolescence?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)