|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Donald say Lincoln was ruled by in his early career?
2. What issue returned Lincoln to politics?
(a) The Fugitive Slave Law.
(b) The Kansas-Nebraska Act.
(c) The Statehood of Illinois.
(d) The Missouri Compromise.
3. What position did Lincoln give to William Seward?
(a) Secretary of Defense.
(b) Secretary of Treasury.
(c) Secretary of Interior.
(d) Secretary of State.
4. In what war had the 1848 Whig party candidate served?
(a) The Indian Wars.
(b) The War of 1812.
(c) The Mexican War.
(d) The Revolutionary War.
5. Where was Lincoln's law firm based?
(a) Sangamon County.
(b) Logan County.
(c) Menard County.
(d) Hampton County.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase did Lincoln introduce into the debate over slavery?
2. What did Lincoln advocate in his inauguration address?
3. What happened to Lincoln's career as he was being considered for President in 1860?
4. What did Lincoln tell his friends after he was elected President in 1860?
5. When was Lincoln married?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)