|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Lincoln's law firm based?
(a) Sangamon County.
(b) Logan County.
(c) Menard County.
(d) Hampton County.
2. Why was Lincoln called the 'Lone Star'?
(a) Because he was the only Whig in the Illinois delegation.
(b) Because of his obvious talent and his aloofness.
(c) Because he was known for keeping to himself.
(d) Because he was originally from Texas.
3. Who was the President when Lincoln served in the Senate?
4. Who was Stephen Logan?
(a) Lincoln's law partner.
(b) Lincoln's colleague.
(c) Lincoln's father-in-law.
(d) Lincoln's roommate.
5. What image did Lincoln's advisers associate him with in his 1860 campaign?
(a) A fence rail.
(b) A cherry tree.
(c) A stone wall.
(d) An old warhorse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joshua Speed?
2. When was Lincoln married?
3. Describe Lincoln's relationship with Joshua Speed.
4. About what did Lincoln speak out against as a Representative?
5. What was Lincoln's feeling about slavery?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)