|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lincoln believe he inherited from his grandmother?
2. What did Lincoln do when he returned to Illinois?
(a) Worked in the Federal Land Office.
(b) Acted as Governor.
(c) Campaigned for reelection.
(d) Returned to his law practice.
3. Why did Lincoln decline to serve in the seat he was elected to in 1852?
(a) He wanted to be appointed Senator.
(b) He wanted to spend more time with his family.
(c) He wanted to break with the Republican Party.
(d) He wanted to work on unifying Republicans.
4. Where did Lincoln's law clients come from?
(a) His hometown.
(b) Local towns in Illinois.
5. What was the issue at the heart of the issue that brought Lincoln back to politics?
(a) The Monroe Doctrine.
(b) The Gold Standard.
(c) Manifest Destiny.
(d) Popular sovereignty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Lincoln's military career.
2. Describe Lincoln's activities during his 'retirement' from politics.
3. What does Donald say Lincoln was ruled by in his early career?
4. Whom did Lincoln follow around through his home county?
5. Who was Stephen Logan?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)