|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what did Lincoln speak out against as a Representative?
(a) The dislocation of the Cherokee.
(b) The beginnings of the Mexican War.
(c) The Spanish-American War.
(d) The continuation of the Monroe Doctrine.
2. Who was the President when Lincoln served in the Senate?
3. What was Lincoln beginning to be known for after years of traveling the court circuit?
4. Why did Lincoln decline to serve in the seat he was elected to in 1852?
(a) He wanted to work on unifying Republicans.
(b) He wanted to spend more time with his family.
(c) He wanted to be appointed Senator.
(d) He wanted to break with the Republican Party.
5. What was the Republican Party founded on?
(a) Opposition to the Gold Standard.
(b) Opposition to popular sovereignty.
(c) Opposition to Women's Suffrage.
(d) Opposition to slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Lincoln called the 'Lone Star'?
2. What was Lincoln's reaction to becoming engaged?
3. Why was the Whig party divided against itself?
4. Describe Lincoln's military career.
5. Who was Mary Todd?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)