|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Lincoln begin to fight with as he reached adolescence?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brothers.
(c) His father.
(d) His step-mother.
2. When was Lincoln married?
3. Whom did Lincoln follow around through his home county?
(a) The district judge.
(b) His business partner.
(d) Other lawyers.
4. What position did Stephen Douglas hold when Lincoln returned to politics?
(a) U.S. Senator.
(b) U.S. Representative.
(d) Illinois Governor.
5. How did Lincoln come to settle in New Salem, Illinois?
(a) He lived there while he went to school.
(b) He was nominated for mayor there.
(c) By accident.
(d) He married there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lincoln's reaction to becoming engaged?
2. What does Donald say Lincoln was ruled by in his early career?
3. About what did Lincoln speak out against as a Representative?
4. What position was Lincoln offered when he left Washington, DC.?
5. Why was Lincoln called the 'Lone Star'?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)