|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Lincoln elected to Congress?
2. What was Lincoln's reaction to becoming engaged?
(b) Deep depression.
(d) Resplendent pride.
3. Who was Mary Owens?
(a) Lincoln's sister-in-law.
(b) Lincoln's mother-in-law.
(c) The wife of Lincoln's partner.
(d) Lincoln's second fiancée.
4. What did Lincoln believe he inherited from his grandmother?
5. How does Donald describe the effect of Lincoln's loss of his mother?
(a) It made Lincoln staunch in his views.
(b) It made Lincoln territorial and angry.
(c) It made Lincoln depressed and moody.
(d) It made Lincoln protective of his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Lincoln follow around through his home county?
2. Who was Mary Todd?
3. What was the status of the family of Lincoln's father?
4. Why did Lincoln move back to Illinois after his first term in Washington, DC?
5. About what did Lincoln speak out against as a Representative?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)