|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Lincoln have to hand over his earnings to his father?
(a) He was still living at home.
(b) He was not married yet.
(c) In order to help with the family finances.
(d) He was under 21.
2. For what causes did Lincoln campaign?
(a) Increasing federal oversight of land speculation.
(b) Relocating the state capital.
(c) Ending the displacement of Indians.
(d) Lowering taxes.
3. From where did Lincoln know Mary Owens?
(a) A family he knew in New Salem.
(b) A family he met in Illinois.
(c) A family he had worked for in Indiana.
(d) A family he knew in Virginia.
4. Why did Lincoln move back to Illinois after his first term in Washington, DC?
(a) He was not chosen as the candidate who would run for his own seat.
(b) He wanted to spend more time with his family.
(c) He retired from the House.
(d) He lost the election for his own seat.
5. Where did Lincoln's father start out before he moved to Illinois?
(d) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lincoln mean by the phrase "cold, calculating, unimpassioned reason"?
2. What was the status of the family of Lincoln's father?
3. What does Donald say Lincoln was ruled by in his early career?
4. Describe Lincoln's relationship with his stepmother.
5. What was Lincoln's party?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)