|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mary Todd?
(a) Lincoln's sister-in-law.
(b) Lincoln's wife.
(c) Lincoln's second fiancé.
(d) Lincoln's mother-in-law.
2. What does Donald say Lincoln was ruled by in his early career?
3. Why was Lincoln called the 'Lone Star'?
(a) Because he was originally from Texas.
(b) Because of his obvious talent and his aloofness.
(c) Because he was known for keeping to himself.
(d) Because he was the only Whig in the Illinois delegation.
4. What did Lincoln do in his travels, following a man around the state?
(a) Take on clients.
(b) Raise money.
(c) Campaign for office.
(d) Look for a wife.
5. About what did Lincoln speak out against as a Representative?
(a) The beginnings of the Mexican War.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The dislocation of the Cherokee.
(d) The continuation of the Monroe Doctrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lincoln have to hand over his earnings to his father?
2. What did Lincoln mean by the phrase "cold, calculating, unimpassioned reason"?
3. Who was Joshua Speed?
4. What was the first election Lincoln won?
5. Where did Lincoln's law clients come from?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)