|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what war had the 1848 Whig party candidate served?
(a) The Mexican War.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The War of 1812.
(d) The Indian Wars.
2. Where did Lincoln's law clients come from?
(a) Local towns in Illinois.
(b) His hometown.
3. Why was the Whig party divided against itself?
(a) Because of the gold standard.
(b) Because of slavery.
(c) Because of state's rights.
(d) Because of international policies.
4. What did Lincoln do when he returned to Illinois?
(a) Campaigned for reelection.
(b) Returned to his law practice.
(c) Worked in the Federal Land Office.
(d) Acted as Governor.
5. What was Lincoln's party?
(c) Union Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Describe Lincoln's relationship with Joshua Speed.
2. When was Lincoln born?
3. Why did Lincoln have to hand over his earnings to his father?
4. Describe the relationship between Lincoln's wife and his business partner.
5. When did Lincoln begin to cultivate his intellect?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)