|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Donald describe the effect of Lincoln's loss of his mother?
(a) It made Lincoln territorial and angry.
(b) It made Lincoln protective of his family.
(c) It made Lincoln staunch in his views.
(d) It made Lincoln depressed and moody.
2. Why was the Whig party divided against itself?
(a) Because of state's rights.
(b) Because of the gold standard.
(c) Because of slavery.
(d) Because of international policies.
3. Describe Lincoln's two children.
4. Who was Stephen Logan?
(a) Lincoln's colleague.
(b) Lincoln's law partner.
(c) Lincoln's roommate.
(d) Lincoln's father-in-law.
5. Whom did Lincoln begin to fight with as he reached adolescence?
(a) His brothers.
(b) His step-mother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position was Lincoln offered when he left Washington, DC.?
2. What industry did Lincoln begin to represent in court after he returned to Illinois?
3. Describe Lincoln's relationship with Joshua Speed.
4. When was Lincoln elected to Congress?
5. Describe the relationship between Lincoln's wife and his business partner.
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)