|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mary Todd?
(a) Lincoln's second fiancé.
(b) Lincoln's wife.
(c) Lincoln's mother-in-law.
(d) Lincoln's sister-in-law.
2. How did Lincoln come to settle in New Salem, Illinois?
(a) He married there.
(b) He lived there while he went to school.
(c) By accident.
(d) He was nominated for mayor there.
3. Describe Lincoln's schooling.
(a) He was the first child sent away to school.
(b) He studied a little but never distinguished himself.
(c) He was schooled at home by his parents.
(d) He was not schooled much because he had to work with the family.
4. What did Lincoln mean by the phrase "cold, calculating, unimpassioned reason"?
(a) How leaders should make decisions.
(b) How the benefits of taking land from Indians should be weighed.
(c) How men should enter marriage.
(d) How money should be allocated to different causes.
5. From where did Lincoln know Mary Owens?
(a) A family he met in Illinois.
(b) A family he knew in Virginia.
(c) A family he knew in New Salem.
(d) A family he had worked for in Indiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Stephen Logan?
2. When was Lincoln married?
3. Describe Lincoln's relationship with Joshua Speed.
4. Who was Mary Owens?
5. What does Donald say Lincoln was ruled by in his early career?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)