|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lincoln's reaction to becoming engaged?
(a) Deep depression.
(c) Resplendent pride.
2. How does Donald describe the effect of Lincoln's loss of his mother?
(a) It made Lincoln protective of his family.
(b) It made Lincoln depressed and moody.
(c) It made Lincoln staunch in his views.
(d) It made Lincoln territorial and angry.
3. For what causes did Lincoln campaign?
(a) Increasing federal oversight of land speculation.
(b) Relocating the state capital.
(c) Lowering taxes.
(d) Ending the displacement of Indians.
4. From where did Lincoln know Mary Owens?
(a) A family he had worked for in Indiana.
(b) A family he knew in Virginia.
(c) A family he knew in New Salem.
(d) A family he met in Illinois.
5. Where did Lincoln's father start out before he moved to Illinois?
(d) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Stephen Logan?
2. Describe Lincoln's relationship with Joshua Speed.
3. What was Lincoln's party?
4. What was the status of the family of Lincoln's father?
5. When was Lincoln elected to Congress?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)