|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Joshua Speed?
(a) Lincoln's running partner.
(b) Lincoln's father-in-law.
(c) A shopkeeper and Lincoln's roommate.
(d) Lincoln's business partner.
2. When did Lincoln begin to cultivate his intellect?
(a) After being elected to the legislature.
(b) After losing an election.
(c) After law school.
(d) After marrying.
3. Describe Lincoln's relationship with his ancestry.
(a) His mother kept in touch with her relatives, but his father did not with his.
(b) He was closely attentive to his parentage.
(c) His siblings were intent on knowing their relatives, but he was not.
(d) He was not interested in it.
4. For what causes did Lincoln campaign?
(a) Increasing federal oversight of land speculation.
(b) Lowering taxes.
(c) Relocating the state capital.
(d) Ending the displacement of Indians.
5. What was Lincoln's party?
(d) Union Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Donald say Lincoln was ruled by in his early career?
2. Whom did Lincoln begin to fight with as he reached adolescence?
3. Describe Lincoln's relationship with his stepmother.
4. Who was John Todd Stuart?
5. Describe Lincoln's military career.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)