|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Republican Party founded on?
(a) Opposition to Women's Suffrage.
(b) Opposition to slavery.
(c) Opposition to the Gold Standard.
(d) Opposition to popular sovereignty.
2. Who was William Herndon?
(a) Lincoln's father-in-law.
(b) An old suitor of Lincoln's wife.
(c) The lawyer with whom Lincoln left his law firm.
(d) The shopkeeper in whose care Lincoln left his household belongings.
3. About what did Lincoln speak out against as a Representative?
(a) The Spanish-American War.
(b) The continuation of the Monroe Doctrine.
(c) The beginnings of the Mexican War.
(d) The dislocation of the Cherokee.
4. In what war had the 1848 Whig party candidate served?
(a) The Mexican War.
(b) The Revolutionary War.
(c) The Indian Wars.
(d) The War of 1812.
5. What does Donald say Lincoln was ruled by in his early career?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was John Todd Stuart?
2. How were U.S. Senators elected in the 1850s?
3. Why did Lincoln have to hand over his earnings to his father?
4. Who was Mary Owens?
5. What did Lincoln mean by the phrase "cold, calculating, unimpassioned reason"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)