|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were U.S. Senators elected in the 1850s?
(a) By the Electoral College.
(b) By U.S. Representatives.
(c) By the populace.
(d) By state senators.
2. What was the Republican Party founded on?
(a) Opposition to Women's Suffrage.
(b) Opposition to popular sovereignty.
(c) Opposition to slavery.
(d) Opposition to the Gold Standard.
3. Who was Stephen Douglas?
(a) A Democrat from Illinois.
(b) A Democrat from Washington, DC.
(c) A Whig from New York.
(d) A Whig from Lincoln's county.
4. When did Lincoln's family move to Illinois?
5. What issue returned Lincoln to politics?
(a) The Fugitive Slave Law.
(b) The Missouri Compromise.
(c) The Statehood of Illinois.
(d) The Kansas-Nebraska Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joshua Speed?
2. Describe Lincoln's military career.
3. Describe Lincoln's relationship with his stepmother.
4. For whose nomination for President did Lincoln campaign?
5. Why was Lincoln called the 'Lone Star'?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)