|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Donald describe the effect of Lincoln's loss of his mother?
(a) It made Lincoln protective of his family.
(b) It made Lincoln staunch in his views.
(c) It made Lincoln depressed and moody.
(d) It made Lincoln territorial and angry.
2. From where did Lincoln know Mary Owens?
(a) A family he knew in Virginia.
(b) A family he met in Illinois.
(c) A family he had worked for in Indiana.
(d) A family he knew in New Salem.
3. Who was Stephen Logan?
(a) Lincoln's father-in-law.
(b) Lincoln's colleague.
(c) Lincoln's law partner.
(d) Lincoln's roommate.
4. What position did Douglas take in the Lincoln-Douglas debates?
(a) He attacked slavery.
(b) He attacked the federal government.
(c) He attacked popular sovereignty.
(d) He defended popular sovereignty.
5. Who was Mary Todd?
(a) Lincoln's wife.
(b) Lincoln's sister-in-law.
(c) Lincoln's mother-in-law.
(d) Lincoln's second fiancé.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lincoln's reaction to becoming engaged?
2. What was Lincoln's stance on blacks' equality?
3. What issue returned Lincoln to politics?
4. Why was Lincoln called the 'Lone Star'?
5. For whose nomination for President did Lincoln campaign?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)