|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Republican Party founded on?
(a) Opposition to Women's Suffrage.
(b) Opposition to the Gold Standard.
(c) Opposition to slavery.
(d) Opposition to popular sovereignty.
2. What was Lincoln's party?
(b) Union Party.
3. What did Lincoln do in his travels, following a man around the state?
(a) Campaign for office.
(b) Look for a wife.
(c) Take on clients.
(d) Raise money.
4. How did Lincoln come to settle in New Salem, Illinois?
(a) He married there.
(b) He was nominated for mayor there.
(c) He lived there while he went to school.
(d) By accident.
5. About what did Lincoln speak out against as a Representative?
(a) The dislocation of the Cherokee.
(b) The continuation of the Monroe Doctrine.
(c) The Spanish-American War.
(d) The beginnings of the Mexican War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lincoln work on after the 1852 election?
2. When was Lincoln born?
3. Describe the temperament of Lincoln's wife.
4. Whom did Lincoln follow around through his home county?
5. Who was Stephen Logan?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)