|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Lincoln called the 'Lone Star'?
(a) Because he was known for keeping to himself.
(b) Because of his obvious talent and his aloofness.
(c) Because he was originally from Texas.
(d) Because he was the only Whig in the Illinois delegation.
2. When was Lincoln born?
3. What position did Douglas take in the Lincoln-Douglas debates?
(a) He attacked slavery.
(b) He defended popular sovereignty.
(c) He attacked popular sovereignty.
(d) He attacked the federal government.
4. Whom did Lincoln follow around through his home county?
(a) Other lawyers.
(b) His business partner.
(c) The district judge.
5. Whom did Lincoln support in the 1852 Presidential campaign?
(a) Winfield Scott.
(b) William King.
(c) Millard Fillmore.
(d) Zachary Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lincoln know about his grandmother?
2. How does Donald describe the effect of Lincoln's loss of his mother?
3. What did Lincoln accuse Polk of, when he was serving as a Representative?
4. What was the first election Lincoln won?
5. What phrase did Lincoln introduce into the debate over slavery?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)