|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which states gave Lincoln a ready supply of troops?
(a) Mid-Atlantic states.
(b) Slave states.
(c) Border states.
(d) Free states.
2. Where did Union troops suffer an early defeat?
(a) Fort Donelson.
(b) Bull Run.
(c) Brice's Crossroads.
3. What difficulty did Lincoln encounter at the start of the Civil War?
(a) Mobilizing the free states.
(b) Raising money.
(c) Raising an army.
(d) Dealing with European states.
4. What position was Lincoln offered when he left Washington, DC.?
(a) Director of the Federal Land Office.
(b) Governor of Oregon.
(c) Vice President.
(d) Governor of Illinois.
5. What was the 10% plan?
(a) A state's war reparations could not exceed 10% of its total income.
(b) Unrepentant Southerners could not occupy more than 10% of a state's cabinet positions.
(c) There could not be more than 10% of the slave population still in slavery for a state to re-enter the union.
(d) 10% of voters from the 1860 election had to have voted in any post-war election for it to be valid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What technique did Lincoln use to kill the 50% plan Congress gave him?
2. About what did Lincoln speak out against as a Representative?
3. Who was the general in charge of Union troops at the beginning of the Civil War?
4. What prospect was beginning to open for Lincoln as he entered the third year of the war?
5. In what war had the 1848 Whig party candidate served?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)