|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Civil War battle costs the Union 15,000 casualties?
2. What document does Lincoln plan to issue?
(a) The Fifth Amendment.
(b) The Gettysburg Address.
(c) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(d) The Social Security Act.
3. Who sets out on a week-long debauch after Kate's party?
(a) Secretary Steward.
(b) George McClellan.
(c) David Herold.
(d) John Hay.
4. Why does Mary Lincoln not attend Kate Chase's wedding?
(a) She has a migraine.
(b) She stays with Tad who is ill and delirious.
(c) She does not like her groom.
(d) She does not like Kate.
5. Which of the following is NOT a topic of conversation at Kate Chase's party?
(a) Mrs. Lincoln's runaway spending.
(b) McClellan's new strategy.
(c) The price of coffee.
(d) White House leaks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lincoln's former law partner?
2. What is the nature of a crisis with Great Britain?
3. What premonitions does Lincoln have?
4. Where does John Wilkes Booth invite David Herold to work with him?
5. Which of the following does Herndon NOT tell John Hay about Lincoln's days as a young man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the source of Lincoln's resolve in the 100 days prior to the election?
2. Why does Lincoln find humor in the rumor that McClellan may wage a military coup against him?
3. What information does Herold learn about the misinformation being fed to Union sources regarding the rebel strength?
4. What role does the paranormal play in the lives of the Lincolns?
5. What is the speculation of Mrs. Lincoln's involvement in President Lincoln's speech to Congress being printed in the New York Herald?
6. What are two reasons that David Herold is disgruntled in Chapter 7?
7. Why does Booth say Lincoln must be poisoned soon?
8. On what day does Part 2 begin and what are the two major issues facing Lincoln and his cabinet members?
9. How does Lincoln view Mrs. Lincoln's impact on his presidency at this point regarding the article scandal and her overspending?
10. What name is the Republican party known as at the Baltimore convention and what are Lincoln's views of the convention?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)