|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lincoln has evolved into a(n) ___________ in Chapter 5.
2. Lincoln is fatalistic about being shot but worries even more about __________________.
(a) The kidnapping of his children.
(b) Losing the next election.
(c) The side business of the groundskeeper.
(d) Being captured and held for ransom.
3. Who is Mrs. Laury?
(a) Mrs. Lincoln's dressmaker.
(b) Mrs. Lincoln's social secretary.
(c) Mrs. Lincoln's spiritual medium.
(d) Mrs. Lincoln's hair stylist.
4. Who is the general with whom Lincoln is frustrated in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) General Buford.
(b) General Grant.
(c) General Rutherford.
(d) General Halleck.
5. What are Lincoln's thoughts in the 100 days prior to the election of 1864?
(a) He thinks only of his boys.
(b) He knows he will be killed before the election.
(c) He must finish what he was placed here to do.
(d) He has a real lust for more power.
6. What nationality of people riot against the Conscription Act In New York City?
7. What request does Herndon make of Lincoln?
(a) A Federal job for his future brother-in-law.
(b) A loan to set up practice in Washington.
(c) A character reference for a background check.
(d) An appointment in Lincoln's Cabinet.
8. What disease does it look like Lincoln has as he leaves Gettysburg?
9. By what method does Herold often think of killing Lincoln?
(a) Poisoning him.
(b) Stabbing him.
(c) Strangling him.
(d) Shooting him.
10. On what day does Part 2, Chapter 1 take place?
(a) New Year's Day 1861.
(b) Easter Day 1861.
(c) The Fourth of July 1862.
(d) Christmas Day 1861.
11. How many men is Lincoln forced to call up in Chapter 6?
12. How is Mrs. Lincoln harmed when she is victim of an assassination plot aimed for her husband?
(a) She is shot.
(b) She is poisoned.
(c) She is mobbed on the street.
(d) She is thrown from a carriage.
13. What does Lincoln say that Southerners are in Chapter 5?
(c) Fellow Americans.
(d) Morally corrupt.
14. With whom does David Herold spend New Year's Eve 1861?
(a) The McClellans.
(b) The Surratts.
(c) The Chases.
(d) The Lincolns.
15. What is the South fighting for in the Civil War?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name replaces the term "Republican Party" at the 1864 convention?
2. Why is Mrs. Lincoln so upset in Part 2, Chapter 2?
3. David Herold is told to watch for Lincoln's movements and _____________________.
4. How does Mrs. Lincoln attempt to talk to Willie after his death?
5. Whose marriage proposal does Kate Chase accept?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)