|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which famous Civil War battle takes place in Chapter 12?
2. How many men is Lincoln forced to call up in Chapter 6?
3. Which Civil War battle costs the Union 15,000 casualties?
4. Whose face appears on the new U.S. dollar bill?
5. What happens to Lincoln while riding to the Soldiers Home in Chapter 6?
(a) His horse throws him into a ditch.
(b) He falls and breaks his hip.
(c) His hat is shot off his head.
(d) He is thrown from his carriage.
6. Why does Mrs. Lincoln visit a wounded corporal from Lexington, Kentucky?
(a) She had known him as a boy.
(b) She made a promise to his mother.
(c) She got a psychic message to do it.
(d) She wants the media attention.
7. Who is the editor of the New York Tribune in 1864?
(a) Chevalier Wikoff.
(b) Horace Greeley.
(c) Edgar Harrison.
(d) Walt Whitman.
8. How does Mrs. Lincoln attempt to talk to Willie after his death?
(a) She puts notes on his grave.
(b) She writes on glass.
(c) She attends seances.
(d) She prays.
9. Even though he is a drunk, ___________ is deemed a better general than McClellan.
(a) John Chamberlain.
(b) Robert Burnside.
(c) Ulysses S. Grant.
(d) John Buford.
10. What is the South fighting for in the Civil War?
11. Of which of the following do the Southern conspirators NOT convince the Union Army?
(a) Lincoln has a terminal illness.
(b) The Union army is losing men faster than the South.
(c) Lee's army is three times its actual size.
(d) There is a plot to kidnap Lincoln.
12. What does Lincoln think when he is shot at again on the way to the Soldiers Home?
(a) Why the assassins don't aim for his body.
(b) Why everyone seems to hate him so much.
(c) He needs to get more bodyguards.
(d) He needs a bulletproof vest.
13. What document does Lincoln plan to issue?
(a) The Social Security Act.
(b) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) The Gettysburg Address.
(d) The Fifth Amendment.
14. What does Lincoln say that Southerners are in Chapter 5?
(a) Fellow Americans.
(c) Morally corrupt.
15. What name replaces the term "Republican Party" at the 1864 convention?
(a) National Republican Party.
(b) Northern Republic Party.
(c) National Union Party.
(d) National Republic Party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does John Wilkes Booth invite David Herold to work with him?
2. What is the exemption fee for a man to stay out of the war?
3. What event does Kate Chase host in Part 2, Chapter 2?
4. Who is Lincoln's running mate in 1864?
5. What disease does David Herold pretend to have in Part 3, Chapter 1?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)