|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lincoln say that Southerners are in Chapter 5?
(a) Fellow Americans.
(b) Morally corrupt.
2. In what city was the Republican Party National Convention held in 1864?
(b) New York.
3. By what method does Herold often think of killing Lincoln?
(a) Poisoning him.
(b) Shooting him.
(c) Stabbing him.
(d) Strangling him.
4. Where does Lincoln spent a vast amount of time following the Battle of Gettysburg?
(a) The War Department Telegraph Room.
(b) The White House chapel.
(c) The Willard Hotel.
(d) The White House gardens.
5. The conspirators want Herold to __________________.
(a) infiltrate the White House.
(b) poison Lincoln's medications.
(c) shoot Lincoln on the street.
(d) bribe the White House groundskeeper.
6. Where does John Wilkes Booth invite David Herold to work with him?
(a) Chevalier's Opera House.
(b) Surratt's Boardinghouse.
(c) Ford's Theater.
(d) Thompson's Pharmacy.
7. How many men is Lincoln forced to call up in Chapter 6?
8. Who does David Herold kiss on New Year's Eve 1861?
(a) Bettie Duvall.
(b) Mary Surratt.
(c) Sara Lawson.
(d) Annie Surratt.
9. Whose marriage proposal does Kate Chase accept?
10. What happens to Lincoln while riding to the Soldiers Home in Chapter 6?
(a) He falls and breaks his hip.
(b) His hat is shot off his head.
(c) His horse throws him into a ditch.
(d) He is thrown from his carriage.
11. Who is the general with whom Lincoln is frustrated in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) General Grant.
(b) General Rutherford.
(c) General Buford.
(d) General Halleck.
12. What premonitions does Lincoln have?
(a) Mrs. Lincoln's death.
(b) His premature death.
(c) Jefferson Davis sitting in the White House.
(d) Rocking his grandchildren.
13. Which of the following does NOT apply to General Grant?
(a) He refuses to make his headquarters in Washington.
(b) He becomes the first lieutenant general since George Washington.
(c) He insists he has no political interests.
(d) He is tried for treason.
14. What nationality of people riot against the Conscription Act In New York City?
15. Which famous Civil War battle takes place in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the controversy surrounding Robert Lincoln during this time?
2. Why does Mary Lincoln not attend Kate Chase's wedding?
3. How is Mrs. Lincoln harmed when she is victim of an assassination plot aimed for her husband?
4. Who is framed for leaking information to Wikoff?
5. Whose face appears on the new U.S. dollar bill?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)