|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is a secret Cabinet meeting held in the Naval Department?
(a) To discuss naval strategy.
(b) To avoid spies.
(c) The Cabinet offices are being painted.
(d) It has a room big enough to hold everyone.
2. Who sets out on a week-long debauch after Kate's party?
(a) George McClellan.
(b) John Hay.
(c) David Herold.
(d) Secretary Steward.
3. Which famous Civil War battle takes place in Chapter 12?
4. Who administers the oath of office to Abraham Lincoln?
(a) Roger K. Holmes.
(b) Salmon P. Chase.
(c) Roger B. Taney.
(d) David P. Taney.
5. How can Lincoln's inaugural parade best be characterized?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Lincoln arrived in Washington in great secrecy?
2. Who is the noted Union officer shot dead in the invasion of Alexandria?
3. Which Civil War battle costs the Union 15,000 casualties?
4. Part 1, Chapters 1-7 focus on the days between Abraham Lincoln's arrival in Washington, D.C. and ________.
5. Salmon P. Chase is visited by Henry D. and _________ Cooke to discuss Lincoln and cabinet posts.
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)