|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does David Herold regret that Lincoln must die?
(a) He thinks he is a good man at heart.
(b) He finds him pleasant-looking.
(c) He believes his wife will go mad.
(d) He knows he has young sons.
2. Who does Chase want excluded from a position in Lincoln's cabinet?
(a) Anyone from a slave-holding state.
(b) Anyone who has not served on the Supreme Court.
(c) Anyone under the age of 60.
(d) Anyone who did not go to West Point.
3. Who is Emilie Helm?
(a) Mrs. Lincoln's half-sister.
(b) Mrs. Lincoln's seamstress.
(c) Mrs. Lincoln's best friend.
(d) Mrs. Lincoln's social secretary.
4. Who is the scandalous reporter for the New York Herald?
(a) Jacques Wyatt.
(b) Chace Adams.
(c) John Hay.
(d) Chevalier Wikoff.
5. What document does Lincoln plan to issue?
(a) The Fifth Amendment.
(b) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) The Gettysburg Address.
(d) The Social Security Act.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is framed for leaking information to Wikoff?
2. Chapter 4 sees the arrival of Lincoln's secretaries, John Hay and ________________.
3. Who arrives on the train with Lincoln's secretaries?
4. Who is Lincoln's former law partner?
5. What is the exemption fee for a man to stay out of the war?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)