|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can David Herold best be described?
(a) Intelligent and optimistic.
(b) Emotional time bomb.
(c) Common and fatalistic.
(d) Serene and calm.
2. What event does Kate Chase host in Part 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Fourth of July picnic.
(b) Thanksgiving Dinner.
(c) Christmas Eve Party.
(d) Boxing Day Party.
3. How does President Buchanan feel about leaving office?
(a) He is jealous of Lincoln.
(b) He is angry that he was not re-elected.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He wishes he had more time.
4. How does Salmon P. Chase propose to pay for a war?
(a) Tobacco tax.
(b) Income tax.
(d) Borrow money from England.
5. What premonitions does Lincoln have?
(a) Mrs. Lincoln's death.
(b) Rocking his grandchildren.
(c) His premature death.
(d) Jefferson Davis sitting in the White House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Amendment is suspended as many newspaper publishers are arrested?
2. What is the river that David Herold crosses on his first mission as a rebel courier?
3. What is the main event in Part 1, Chapter 8?
4. Why does David Herold regret that Lincoln must die?
5. What is the mood in Washington as Chapter 14 begins?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)