|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lincoln carelessly misplace in Chapter 19?
(a) The Gettysburg Address.
(b) His passport.
(c) His eyeglasses.
(d) A secret message for Congress.
2. Chase and Seward agree between themselves that Lincoln must let them run the government as a ____________.
(c) city state.
(d) socialist state.
3. Who is Lincoln's running mate in 1864?
4. Why does Mrs. Lincoln visit a wounded corporal from Lexington, Kentucky?
(a) She got a psychic message to do it.
(b) She had known him as a boy.
(c) She wants the media attention.
(d) She made a promise to his mother.
5. How does Salmon P. Chase propose to pay for a war?
(b) Income tax.
(c) Borrow money from England.
(d) Tobacco tax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Chase want excluded from a position in Lincoln's cabinet?
2. What is the nature of a crisis with Great Britain?
3. What does Wikoff publish in the New York Herald?
4. What does Lincoln think when he is shot at again on the way to the Soldiers Home?
5. Which of Mrs. Lincoln's projects ultimately brings scandal to the White House?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)