|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of which of the following do the Southern conspirators NOT convince the Union Army?
(a) There is a plot to kidnap Lincoln.
(b) The Union army is losing men faster than the South.
(c) Lee's army is three times its actual size.
(d) Lincoln has a terminal illness.
2. Who does Chase want excluded from a position in Lincoln's cabinet?
(a) Anyone who did not go to West Point.
(b) Anyone under the age of 60.
(c) Anyone from a slave-holding state.
(d) Anyone who has not served on the Supreme Court.
3. How is Mrs. Lincoln harmed when she is victim of an assassination plot aimed for her husband?
(a) She is mobbed on the street.
(b) She is poisoned.
(c) She is shot.
(d) She is thrown from a carriage.
4. Where is the body of Col. Ellsworth taken after he is killed?
(a) The White House.
(b) The Capitol building.
(c) His home in Alexandria.
(d) A mortuary.
5. What document does Lincoln plan to issue?
(a) The Social Security Act.
(b) The Gettysburg Address.
(c) The Fifth Amendment.
(d) The Emancipation Proclamation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lincoln is fatalistic about being shot but worries even more about __________________.
2. Which of the following is NOT true about the new Congress?
3. Chase and Seward agree between themselves that Lincoln must let them run the government as a ____________.
4. What industry in England is pushing to recognize the Confederacy?
5. Who is the general with whom Lincoln is frustrated in Part 2, Chapter 7?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)