|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 7-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chevalier Wikoff offer to give the U.S. government if his son receives a naval commission?
(a) An island.
(b) A gold mine.
(c) A yacht.
(d) One million dollars.
2. Which of Mrs. Lincoln's projects ultimately brings scandal to the White House?
(a) Funding the Underground Railroad.
(b) Redecorating the White House.
(c) Entertaining slaves.
(d) Hiring Russian servants.
3. Who is the general with whom Lincoln is frustrated in Part 2, Chapter 7?
(a) General Rutherford.
(b) General Buford.
(c) General Grant.
(d) General Halleck.
4. Who sets out on a week-long debauch after Kate's party?
(a) Secretary Steward.
(b) David Herold.
(c) George McClellan.
(d) John Hay.
5. What has no other U.S. President ever had to face?
(a) Conspiracy plots.
(b) The threat of Civil War.
(c) Personal financial ruin.
(d) Massive national debt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality of people riot against the Conscription Act In New York City?
2. What office does Roger B. Taney hold?
3. What is the South fighting for in the Civil War?
4. Who is Lincoln's former law partner?
5. What request does Herndon make of Lincoln?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)