|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is a secret Cabinet meeting held in the Naval Department?
(a) To discuss naval strategy.
(b) It has a room big enough to hold everyone.
(c) The Cabinet offices are being painted.
(d) To avoid spies.
2. What do conspirators Annie Surrat and David Herold call Lincoln?
3. With whom does John Hay frequently spend time?
4. Who owns the whorehouse that John Hay visits after the inaugural ball?
(a) Sally Albers.
(b) Sal Houston.
(c) Sara Allen.
(d) Sal Austin.
5. How can David Herold best be described?
(a) Common and fatalistic.
(b) Emotional time bomb.
(c) Intelligent and optimistic.
(d) Serene and calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Kate Chase's relationship with her father?
2. From what state do the first Union troops arrive in Washington?
3. Where is Lincoln taken upon his arrival in Washington, D.C.?
4. Who supplies White House gossip to those at Thompson's Drug Store?
5. What is the date of Lincoln's inauguration?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)