|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What office does Kate Chase expect her father to attain in 1864?
(a) Supreme Court Justice.
(b) Attorney General.
(c) U.S. President.
(d) Secretary of State.
2. Part 1, Chapters 1-7 focus on the days between Abraham Lincoln's arrival in Washington, D.C. and ________.
(a) His assassination.
(b) The Gettysburg Address.
(c) His inauguration.
(d) The Emancipation Proclamation.
3. How does President Buchanan feel about leaving office?
(a) He wishes he had more time.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is angry that he was not re-elected.
(d) He is jealous of Lincoln.
4. Chase and Seward agree between themselves that Lincoln must let them run the government as a ____________.
(b) city state.
(d) socialist state.
5. Who is known for drifting off during important discussions?
(a) Saul P. Chase.
(b) Samuel P. Chase.
(c) Salmon P. Chase.
(d) Samuel P. Chesterson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who stalks Lincoln as he walks to church with Seward?
2. From what state do the first Union troops arrive in Washington?
3. From whose perspective is Part 1, Chapter 8 NOT viewed?
4. Why is a secret Cabinet meeting held in the Naval Department?
5. What is the mood in Washington as Chapter 14 begins?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)