|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who administers the oath of office to Abraham Lincoln?
(a) David P. Taney.
(b) Roger B. Taney.
(c) Salmon P. Chase.
(d) Roger K. Holmes.
2. What office does Kate Chase expect her father to attain in 1864?
(a) U.S. President.
(b) Attorney General.
(c) Supreme Court Justice.
(d) Secretary of State.
3. What does Lincoln ask John Hay to research?
(a) The etiquette for entertaining visiting heads of state.
(b) Thomas Jefferson's speeches.
(c) The president's wartime powers.
(d) The budget for White House renovations.
4. Which female abolition opponent is introduced in Chapter 2?
(a) Mary Scirocco.
(b) Ellen Surratt.
(c) Mary Surratt.
(d) Mary Stewart.
5. How can Lincoln's inaugural parade best be characterized?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do conspirators Annie Surrat and David Herold call Lincoln?
2. Chapter 4 sees the arrival of Lincoln's secretaries, John Hay and ________________.
3. What is the date of Lincoln's inauguration?
4. Who arrives on the train with Lincoln's secretaries?
5. On what day does Lincoln arrive in Washington?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)