|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What office does Roger B. Taney hold?
(a) Chief of Staff.
(b) Chief Justice.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Attorney General.
2. Which word does Lincoln turn to the crowd and emphasize while taking the oath of office?
3. What is the mood in Washington as Chapter 14 begins?
(a) At war.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Lincoln at the inaugural ball?
(a) Watching the dancing.
(b) Getting used to protocol.
(c) Animated and laughing.
(d) Shaking hands absentmindedly.
5. Who is Salmon P. Chase's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Mrs. Lincoln's projects ultimately brings scandal to the White House?
2. From what state do the first Union troops arrive in Washington?
3. Who is the U.S. president that Lincoln succeeds?
4. Salmon P. Chase is visited by Henry D. and _________ Cooke to discuss Lincoln and cabinet posts.
5. Who does Lincoln meet at Willard's Hotel and who agrees to be Secretary of State?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)