|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word does Lincoln turn to the crowd and emphasize while taking the oath of office?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Lincoln's sons?
3. What order does Lincoln issue about Fort Sumter in Chapter 11?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Re-supply it.
(c) Surrender it.
(d) Attack it.
4. What office does Roger B. Taney hold?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Chief of Staff.
(c) Chief Justice.
(d) Attorney General.
5. Who owns the whorehouse that John Hay visits after the inaugural ball?
(a) Sal Austin.
(b) Sara Allen.
(c) Sal Houston.
(d) Sally Albers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Lincoln's inaugural parade best be characterized?
2. What is the river that David Herold crosses on his first mission as a rebel courier?
3. Chapter 4 sees the arrival of Lincoln's secretaries, John Hay and ________________.
4. Who does Chase want excluded from a position in Lincoln's cabinet?
5. From whose perspective is Part 1, Chapter 8 NOT viewed?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)