|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what state do the first Union troops arrive in Washington?
(a) Rhode Island.
2. Who does Lincoln meet at Willard's Hotel and who agrees to be Secretary of State?
(a) William H. Seward.
(b) William H. Steward.
(c) Walter F. Seward.
(d) Walter H. Stewart.
3. Which female abolition opponent is introduced in Chapter 2?
(a) Mary Surratt.
(b) Ellen Surratt.
(c) Mary Stewart.
(d) Mary Scirocco.
4. Who is entertained by Annie Surratt?
(a) William McKenzie.
(b) Harold Davidson.
(c) David Herold.
(d) David Harris.
5. What order does Lincoln issue about Fort Sumter in Chapter 11?
(a) Surrender it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Re-supply it.
(d) Attack it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lincoln declare to be his first priority in Chapter 13?
2. What is the plan of the Southern states?
3. What do conspirators Annie Surrat and David Herold call Lincoln?
4. Chase and Seward agree between themselves that Lincoln must let them run the government as a ____________.
5. Where is Lincoln taken upon his arrival in Washington, D.C.?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)