|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William Seward harshly critique about Lincoln?
(a) His beard.
(b) His inaugural address.
(c) His accent.
(d) His wardrobe.
2. Who meets Lincoln at the train station in Washington, D.C.?
(a) Edward L. Washburn.
(b) Elihu B. Washburne.
(c) Elihu B. Woodborne.
(d) Elijah C. Washburne.
3. Who is entertained by Annie Surratt?
(a) David Herold.
(b) William McKenzie.
(c) David Harris.
(d) Harold Davidson.
4. Where is Lincoln taken upon his arrival in Washington, D.C.?
(a) The White House.
(b) The Captiol Building.
(c) Willard's Hotel.
(d) Ford's Theater.
5. Chapter 4 sees the arrival of Lincoln's secretaries, John Hay and ________________.
(a) Nicholas Nickleby.
(b) John George Nicolay.
(c) John George Paul.
(d) Nikolai Surratt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the plan of the Southern states?
2. Why does David Herold regret that Lincoln must die?
3. With whom does Lincoln side when believing that black men are not inferior to white men?
4. Who does Chase want excluded from a position in Lincoln's cabinet?
5. What office does Kate Chase expect her father to attain in 1864?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)