|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chase want excluded from a position in Lincoln's cabinet?
(a) Anyone who did not go to West Point.
(b) Anyone under the age of 60.
(c) Anyone from a slave-holding state.
(d) Anyone who has not served on the Supreme Court.
2. Who arrives on the train with Lincoln's secretaries?
(a) Robert E. Lee.
(b) John Wilkes Booth.
(c) Mrs. Lincoln.
(d) Andrew Johnson.
3. Which of Mrs. Lincoln's projects ultimately brings scandal to the White House?
(a) Hiring Russian servants.
(b) Entertaining slaves.
(c) Redecorating the White House.
(d) Funding the Underground Railroad.
4. Who is the U.S. president that Lincoln succeeds?
5. Who escorts Lincoln on a tour of Washington?
(a) William Seward.
(b) William Surratt.
(c) Walter Hope.
(d) Henry Clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the plan which called for Seward to run the government with Lincoln as a figurehead?
2. Part 1, Chapters 1-7 focus on the days between Abraham Lincoln's arrival in Washington, D.C. and ________.
3. What does William Seward harshly critique about Lincoln?
4. Who stalks Lincoln as he walks to church with Seward?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of Lincoln's sons?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)