|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is known for drifting off during important discussions?
(a) Samuel P. Chase.
(b) Saul P. Chase.
(c) Samuel P. Chesterson.
(d) Salmon P. Chase.
2. What does William Seward harshly critique about Lincoln?
(a) His wardrobe.
(b) His accent.
(c) His inaugural address.
(d) His beard.
3. Who does Lincoln meet at Willard's Hotel and who agrees to be Secretary of State?
(a) Walter H. Stewart.
(b) William H. Steward.
(c) Walter F. Seward.
(d) William H. Seward.
4. Who meets Lincoln at the train station in Washington, D.C.?
(a) Elihu B. Woodborne.
(b) Edward L. Washburn.
(c) Elijah C. Washburne.
(d) Elihu B. Washburne.
5. What office does Kate Chase expect her father to attain in 1864?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Supreme Court Justice.
(c) Attorney General.
(d) U.S. President.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives on the train with Lincoln's secretaries?
2. Who is Salmon P. Chase's daughter?
3. With whom does Lincoln side when believing that black men are not inferior to white men?
4. How can Mrs. Lincoln's personality best be described?
5. Why has Lincoln arrived in Washington in great secrecy?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)