|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does Herndon make of Lincoln?
(a) A Federal job for his future brother-in-law.
(b) A character reference for a background check.
(c) An appointment in Lincoln's Cabinet.
(d) A loan to set up practice in Washington.
2. Why does Mrs. Lincoln visit a wounded corporal from Lexington, Kentucky?
(a) She wants the media attention.
(b) She got a psychic message to do it.
(c) She made a promise to his mother.
(d) She had known him as a boy.
3. From whose perspective is Part 1, Chapter 8 NOT viewed?
(a) Salmon P. Chase.
(b) The presidential secretaries.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) The conspirators.
4. Which word does Lincoln turn to the crowd and emphasize while taking the oath of office?
5. Who does David Herold kiss on New Year's Eve 1861?
(a) Bettie Duvall.
(b) Mary Surratt.
(c) Sara Lawson.
(d) Annie Surratt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Lincoln attempt to talk to Willie after his death?
2. Who is the editor of the New York Tribune in 1864?
3. Which general does Lincoln order to take command after McDowell's retreat?
4. What is the main event in Part 1, Chapter 8?
5. Who administers the oath of office to Abraham Lincoln?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)