|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does David Herold take a job?
(a) Avery Distillery.
(b) McMiller's Dry Goods.
(c) Thompson's Pharmacy.
(d) Johnson Hardware.
2. With whom does Lincoln side when believing that black men are not inferior to white men?
(a) Ulysses S. Grant.
(b) Andrew Johnson.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
3. How does Salmon P. Chase propose to pay for a war?
(b) Income tax.
(c) Tobacco tax.
(d) Borrow money from England.
4. Which of the following bad news does Lincoln NOT receive in Chapter 13?
(a) High-ranking military men defect.
(b) Telegraph and railroad lines are cut.
(c) Rebel forces surround Washington.
(d) Mrs. Lincoln has tuberculosis.
5. Who is the scandalous reporter for the New York Herald?
(a) Jacques Wyatt.
(b) Chace Adams.
(c) Chevalier Wikoff.
(d) John Hay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do conspirators Annie Surrat and David Herold call Lincoln?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe Kate Chase's relationship with her father?
3. Who is known for drifting off during important discussions?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of Lincoln's sons?
5. Who do the rebels think is the real boss in the U.S. government?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)