|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owns the whorehouse that John Hay visits after the inaugural ball?
(a) Sally Albers.
(b) Sal Houston.
(c) Sal Austin.
(d) Sara Allen.
2. How does President Buchanan feel about leaving office?
(a) He is angry that he was not re-elected.
(b) He is jealous of Lincoln.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He wishes he had more time.
3. Who stalks Lincoln as he walks to church with Seward?
(a) Thomas Paterson.
(b) David Herold.
(c) Mary Surratt.
(d) John Wilkes Booth.
4. What office does Roger B. Taney hold?
(a) Attorney General.
(b) Chief of Staff.
(c) Secretary of State.
(d) Chief Justice.
5. Who is Salmon P. Chase's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Kate Chase's relationship with her father?
2. Who is overwhelmed by Kate Chase's beauty?
3. Who does Lincoln meet at Willard's Hotel and who agrees to be Secretary of State?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Lincoln at the inaugural ball?
5. How can David Herold best be described?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)