|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is a secret Cabinet meeting held in the Naval Department?
(a) To avoid spies.
(b) It has a room big enough to hold everyone.
(c) To discuss naval strategy.
(d) The Cabinet offices are being painted.
2. Which of Mrs. Lincoln's projects ultimately brings scandal to the White House?
(a) Hiring Russian servants.
(b) Entertaining slaves.
(c) Redecorating the White House.
(d) Funding the Underground Railroad.
3. Who owns the whorehouse that John Hay visits after the inaugural ball?
(a) Sally Albers.
(b) Sara Allen.
(c) Sal Houston.
(d) Sal Austin.
4. Who supplies White House gossip to those at Thompson's Drug Store?
(a) Lincoln's bodyguard.
(b) David Herold.
(c) The White House doorkeeper.
(d) Kate Chase.
5. What is the date of Lincoln's inauguration?
(a) March 4, 1861.
(b) May 12, 1862.
(c) January 21, 1861.
(d) April 15, 1865.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who escorts Lincoln on a tour of Washington?
2. Who stalks Lincoln as he walks to church with Seward?
3. What does William Seward harshly critique about Lincoln?
4. From whose perspective is Part 1, Chapter 8 NOT viewed?
5. How does President Buchanan feel about leaving office?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)