|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Kate Chase's relationship with her father?
(b) Soul mate.
2. On what day does Lincoln arrive in Washington?
(a) December 31, 1914.
(b) February 23, 1861.
(c) April 15, 1865.
(d) January 1, 1860.
3. What is the mood in Washington as Chapter 14 begins?
(b) At war.
4. Who owns the whorehouse that John Hay visits after the inaugural ball?
(a) Sally Albers.
(b) Sara Allen.
(c) Sal Houston.
(d) Sal Austin.
5. What does Lincoln ask John Hay to research?
(a) The budget for White House renovations.
(b) Thomas Jefferson's speeches.
(c) The etiquette for entertaining visiting heads of state.
(d) The president's wartime powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What office does Roger B. Taney hold?
2. Chapter 4 sees the arrival of Lincoln's secretaries, John Hay and ________________.
3. Which female abolition opponent is introduced in Chapter 2?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of Lincoln's sons?
5. Who stalks Lincoln as he walks to church with Seward?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)