|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what state do the first Union troops arrive in Washington?
(c) Rhode Island.
2. How does President Buchanan feel about leaving office?
(a) He is angry that he was not re-elected.
(b) He wishes he had more time.
(c) He is jealous of Lincoln.
(d) He is happy.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Lincoln's sons?
4. What do conspirators Annie Surrat and David Herold call Lincoln?
5. What does Lincoln ask John Hay to research?
(a) Thomas Jefferson's speeches.
(b) The president's wartime powers.
(c) The etiquette for entertaining visiting heads of state.
(d) The budget for White House renovations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Lincoln's inauguration?
2. Why has Lincoln arrived in Washington in great secrecy?
3. Which of the following characteristics is NOT used to describe Lincoln?
4. Who is the U.S. president that Lincoln succeeds?
5. Who supplies White House gossip to those at Thompson's Drug Store?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)