|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lincoln declare to be his first priority in Chapter 13?
(a) Declare a Civil War.
(b) Control Mrs. Lincoln's spending.
(c) Introduce his Cabinet members.
(d) Guard against sympathizers in the government.
2. What happens to Lincoln while riding to the Soldiers Home in Chapter 6?
(a) He is thrown from his carriage.
(b) He falls and breaks his hip.
(c) His horse throws him into a ditch.
(d) His hat is shot off his head.
3. Who is overwhelmed by Kate Chase's beauty?
(a) David Herold.
(b) John Surratt.
(c) William Sprague.
(d) John Hay.
4. Who sets out on a week-long debauch after Kate's party?
(a) George McClellan.
(b) John Hay.
(c) Secretary Steward.
(d) David Herold.
5. Where does John Wilkes Booth invite David Herold to work with him?
(a) Thompson's Pharmacy.
(b) Chevalier's Opera House.
(c) Ford's Theater.
(d) Surratt's Boardinghouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the river that David Herold crosses on his first mission as a rebel courier?
2. Whose face appears on the new U.S. dollar bill?
3. Who is the scandalous reporter for the New York Herald?
4. How does Mrs. Lincoln attempt to talk to Willie after his death?
5. Which of the following does NOT apply to General Grant?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)