|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Lincoln attempt to talk to Willie after his death?
(a) She attends seances.
(b) She prays.
(c) She writes on glass.
(d) She puts notes on his grave.
2. Who owns the whorehouse that John Hay visits after the inaugural ball?
(a) Sara Allen.
(b) Sal Houston.
(c) Sally Albers.
(d) Sal Austin.
3. Who is the editor of the New York Tribune in 1864?
(a) Edgar Harrison.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) Horace Greeley.
(d) Chevalier Wikoff.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Lincoln at the inaugural ball?
(a) Getting used to protocol.
(b) Shaking hands absentmindedly.
(c) Animated and laughing.
(d) Watching the dancing.
5. Who do the rebels think is the real boss in the U.S. government?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Union general proves incapable of overall command in Chapter 6?
2. Which Amendment is suspended as many newspaper publishers are arrested?
3. How much debt has Mrs. Lincoln incurred for the White House at this time?
4. Why is Lincoln assured of political victory in Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of the Union warship that goes to battle with the Confederate Merrimack?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)