|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mood in Washington as Chapter 14 begins?
(c) At war.
2. What does Lincoln say that Southerners are in Chapter 5?
(c) Fellow Americans.
(d) Morally corrupt.
3. Which of the following is NOT a topic of conversation at Kate Chase's party?
(a) The price of coffee.
(b) White House leaks.
(c) McClellan's new strategy.
(d) Mrs. Lincoln's runaway spending.
4. The conspirators want Herold to __________________.
(a) shoot Lincoln on the street.
(b) poison Lincoln's medications.
(c) bribe the White House groundskeeper.
(d) infiltrate the White House.
5. The Confederacy has half the troops as the Union does and ______________.
(a) Not enough horses.
(b) No arms.
(c) Not enough food.
(d) Not enough uniforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease does David Herold pretend to have in Part 3, Chapter 1?
2. Why is a secret Cabinet meeting held in the Naval Department?
3. Who does Sickles think is Wikoff's source of information?
4. How can Lincoln's inaugural parade best be characterized?
5. Which of the following bad news does Lincoln NOT receive in Chapter 13?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)