Part 1, Chapters 1-7
1. Part 1, Chapters 1-7 focus on the days between Abraham Lincoln's arrival in Washington, D.C. and ________.
(a) The Gettysburg Address.
(b) His inauguration.
(c) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(d) His assassination.
2. Who meets Lincoln at the train station in Washington, D.C.?
(a) Edward L. Washburn.
(b) Elihu B. Washburne.
(c) Elijah C. Washburne.
(d) Elihu B. Woodborne.
3. Where is Lincoln taken upon his arrival in Washington, D.C.?
(a) Ford's Theater.
(b) Willard's Hotel.
(c) The White House.
(d) The Captiol Building.
4. Who does Lincoln meet at Willard's Hotel and who agrees to be Secretary of State?
(a) William H. Seward.
(b) Walter F. Seward.
(c) William H. Steward.
(d) Walter H. Stewart.
5. Which female abolition opponent is introduced in Chapter 2?
(a) Mary Scirocco.
(b) Mary Surratt.
(c) Ellen Surratt.
(d) Mary Stewart.
6. Who is entertained by Annie Surratt?
(a) David Harris.
(b) David Herold.
(c) Harold Davidson.
(d) William McKenzie.
7. Why has Lincoln arrived in Washington in great secrecy?
(a) There is a plot against his life.
(b) He wants to avoid big crowds.
(c) He wants to surprise his family.
(d) He wants to avoid the media.
This section contains 3,952 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)