|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the fictional author attributed as having written “The Great War, as Described by Its Warriors"?
2. Who details the life of Litzy Wright in Chapter 66?
3. Where does the Reverend Thomas say the red-bearded man he encountered after his death was from in Chapter 61?
4. What does the narrator call the statue of the bald man in Roman garb that he describes in Chapter 59?
5. How many sons does Lance Durning claim to have in Chapter 65?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the lock and key in Lincoln's pocket represent?
2. What is the outcome of the young lovers that is described in Chapter 77?
3. Who is Benjamin ("Benjy") and why is he mentioned by Mr. and Mrs. Baron in Chapter 65?
4. How do the protagonists manage to sway Lincoln from leaving in Chapter 77?
5. What does Miss Tamara Doolittle lament about in Chapter 65?
6. To what does Lance Durning attest in Chapter 65?
7. How does Thomas Havens describe his life?
8. How are the Crutcher brothers and Mr. and Mrs. Reedy described?
9. What is described in the account of Paul Riles, White House guard in Chapter 57?
10. How did Bevins and Vollman once cause a wedding?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze the character of Thomas Havens in Lincoln in the Bardo. How does Havens feel about his experiences as a slave? Why does he remain in the bardo? What happens to Havens at the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the characterization of Willie Lincoln in Lincoln in the Bardo. How old is Willie when he dies? How does he die? What are his perceptions of the bardo? What is Willie's main objective in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the character of Roger Bevins III in Lincoln in the Bardo. How and when did Bevins arrive in the bardo? What notable attributes stand out in Bevins's character? How does Bevins's character evolve in the novel?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)