|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Union victory that was posted publicly the day that Willie Lincoln died?
(a) For Orleans.
(b) Fort Donelson.
(c) Fort Jackson.
(d) For Wilson.
2. What sensation does Hans Vollman describe when sitting inside of Lincoln in Chapter 49?
3. Who confesses that she steals every chance she gets in Chapter 65?
(a) Marshall Turnbull.
(b) Tobian Clearly.
(c) Robert G. Twistings.
(d) Janice P. Dwightson.
4. Who is the fictional author that is attributed with writing The Spiritual Lincoln: An Essential Journey?
(a) Daniel Mark Epstein.
(b) Marshall Turnbull.
(c) Margaret Garrett.
(d) C. R. DePage.
5. Who is the outspoken former boilermaker that occupies Lincoln in Chapter 77?
(b) E. G. Frame.
(c) Stephen Sears.
(d) Mr. Cahoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose account is the focus of The Emergence of Lincoln: Prologue to the Civil War, 1859–1861 by Allan Nevins?
2. Who succeeded President Pierce?
3. Who describes giving his mistress diamonds and pearls, though she later left him for Mr. Hollyfen in Chapter 65?
4. What word from Chapter 60 means irresponsible?
5. Whose house does the Reverend Thomas describe next to his own as he died in Chapter 61?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Benjamin ("Benjy") and why is he mentioned by Mr. and Mrs. Baron in Chapter 65?
2. What is the outcome of the young lovers that is described in Chapter 77?
3. How does Mrs. Francis Hodge describe Litzie's life?
4. How have the spirits of the bardo changed in apperance after occupying Lincoln in Chapter 77?
5. To what does Lance Durning attest in Chapter 65?
6. What does the Reverend Thomas describe of his transformation in Chapter 80?
7. How are the Crutcher brothers and Mr. and Mrs. Reedy described?
8. What are the prides of Professor Edmund Bloomer and Lawrence T. Decroix?
9. How do the protagonists manage to sway Lincoln from leaving in Chapter 77?
10. What does Miss Tamara Doolittle lament about in Chapter 65?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)