|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the children that are constantly receiving presents in the vignette at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Antoine and Jackson.
(b) Tad and Willie.
(c) James and Jasper.
(d) John and Jerry.
2. Who among Mrs. Abigail Blass's children does she describe as having a bad foot?
3. With whom does the narrator share dialogue in Chapter 1?
(a) Roger Bevins III.
(b) Thomas Havens.
(c) Lieutenant Cecil Stone.
4. How did Roger Bevins III attempt suicide?
(a) He shot himself.
(b) He hung himself.
(c) He overdosed.
(d) He slit is wrists.
5. Who wrote Abraham Lincoln: The Boy and the Man?
(a) Rose Milland.
(b) James Morgan.
(c) Jo Brunt.
(d) Maxwell Flagg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does the narrator say he was on his wedding day in Chapter 1?
2. Who does Roger Bevins III describe Mrs. Traynor singing merrily in Chapter 32?
3. Who is described in Chapter 37 as constantly mumbling about his grandson's excellent university marks?
4. Who is cited as the author of The Washington Powers?
5. What literary work is attributed to Ruth Painter Randall in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Abraham Lincoln do when he enters the mausoleum in Chapter 16?
2. What is notable about the dialogues of Eddie and Betsy Baron?
3. Who are the Three Bachelors and how are they described?
4. How is Mrs. Ellis's appearance described in Chapter 26?
5. Why do Mr. Bevins and Mr. Vollman set out seeking Abraham Lincoln in Chapter 36?
6. How is Mrs. Delaney's plight described in Chapter 31?
7. What is the unnatural predilection that Roger Bevins III describes in Chapter 9?
8. How is Mr. Collier described in the novel?
9. How does Roger Bevins III describe Mrs. Abigail Blass in Chapter 26?
10. How is the appearance of the Reverend Everly Thomas described in Chapter 9?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)