|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41 – 63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the fictional author of the fictional work Those Most Joyful Years?
(a) Jo Brunt.
(b) James Morgan.
(c) Margaret Garrett.
(d) Albert Trundle.
2. Who is Hans Vollman's love that he has left behind?
3. What is the narrator's relationship to the person he is addressing in Chapter 41?
(a) She is his wife.
(b) She is his daughter.
(c) She is his mother.
(d) She is his sister.
4. Who does Betsy Baron recall leaving at the Parade Ground in Chapter 27?
(b) Little Eddie.
(d) Little Joey.
5. Who was Abraham Lincoln's secretary during his first term?
(a) William Stoddard.
(b) Maxwell Flagg.
(c) Jo Brunt.
(d) James Morgan.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Jane Ellis speaking in the opening of Chapter 27?
2. Who is described in Chapter 37 as having been kicked by a bull but still is looking forward to the dance?
3. What word in Chapter 46 refers to a person or thing that is detested or loathed?
4. How many horses does Lieutenant Cecil Stone claim to have in Chapter 27?
5. Who is the wealthy man with several properties that Roger and Hans encounter in Chapter 38?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)