|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described in Chapter 37 as having been kicked by a bull but still is looking forward to the dance?
(a) Mrs. Delaney.
(c) Lieutenant Cecil Stone.
(d) Mr. Twood.
2. Who is the Prussian nobleman that attended the Lincolns' state dinner, according to the narrator in Chapter 3?
(a) Prince Andrew II.
(b) Prince Felix Salm-Salm.
(c) Prince Everly Thomas.
(d) Prince Xavier William Minx.
3. Who is attributed as the writer of All This Did I See: Memories of a Terrible Time in Chapter 2?
(a) Margaret Leech.
(b) Margaret Garrett.
(c) Daniel Mark Epstein.
(d) Rose Milland.
4. Who wrote Reveille in Washington, 1860–1865?
(a) Daniel Mark Epstein.
(b) Margaret Leech.
(c) Rose Milland.
(d) Ben Wade.
5. Who wrote Abraham Lincoln: The Boy and the Man?
(a) Rose Milland.
(b) Maxwell Flagg.
(c) James Morgan.
(d) Jo Brunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does the narrator share dialogue in Chapter 1?
2. Upon whose face does the Reverend Thomas place his hands in Chapter 29?
3. What does Abigail Blass describe her father buying for her at Christmastide to stop her from having a tantrum in Chapter 27?
4. Who was Abraham Lincoln's secretary during his first term?
5. Who is described as having been killed by the Rebs for tearing down the Rebel flag from a private in Chapter 33?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)