|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26 - 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The raining down of hats and laughter are described in Chapter 34 as the harbingers of whose approach?
(a) The approach of Abraham Lincoln.
(b) The approach of God.
(c) The approach of the Three Bachelors.
(d) The approach of the furies.
2. Who are the children that are constantly receiving presents in the vignette at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) John and Jerry.
(b) James and Jasper.
(c) Antoine and Jackson.
(d) Tad and Willie.
3. Who does Roger Bevins III describe Mrs. Traynor singing merrily in Chapter 32?
(a) "Amazing Grace."
(b) "The Star-Spangled Banner."
(c) "The Sun Rises Above the Clouds."
(d) "A Heavy Bough Hung Down."
4. Who is cited as the author of Our Capital in Time of War?
(a) Jo Brunt.
(b) James Morgan.
(c) Margaret Garrett.
(d) Petersen Wickett.
5. How many goats does Lieutenant Cecil Stone claim to have in Chapter 27?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the narrator cite as the author of A Season of War and Loss?
2. Who is the wealthy man with several properties that Roger and Hans encounter in Chapter 38?
3. Who insisted that Binlay was the finest house in Washington?
4. Who was Abraham Lincoln's secretary during his first term?
5. With whom is Mr. Randall perpetually in conversation?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)