|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41 – 63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Roger Bevins III describe Mrs. Traynor singing merrily in Chapter 32?
(a) "The Star-Spangled Banner."
(b) "Amazing Grace."
(c) "A Heavy Bough Hung Down."
(d) "The Sun Rises Above the Clouds."
2. What word from Chapter 32 refers to harsh and jarring sounds due to a lack of harmony?
3. Who wrote Abraham Lincoln: The Boy and the Man?
(a) Jo Brunt.
(b) Maxwell Flagg.
(c) Rose Milland.
(d) James Morgan.
4. Who wrote the book Personal Recollections of Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War?
(a) Marshall Turnbull.
(b) Margaret Garrett.
(c) Daniel Mark Epstein.
(d) James R. Gilmore.
5. What machine does Roger Bevins III describe being invented during the war in Chapter 55?
(a) The telephone.
(b) The phonograph.
(c) The telegraph.
(d) The radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Jane Ellis speaking in the opening of Chapter 27?
2. Who was Roger Bevins III's family maid that he spoke unkindly to and was made to write her a letter?
3. What word in Chapter 46 refers to a person or thing that is detested or loathed?
4. Who is the fictional writer accredited with writing Lincoln: A Story for Boys in Chapter 8?
5. Who is the wealthy man with several properties that Roger and Hans encounter in Chapter 38?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)