|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was originally believed that Lincoln stood facing what item(s)?
(a) Little Round Top
(b) Pickett's Charge
(c) The town
(d) Susquehanna River
2. Lincoln believed that war was objectionable on what terms?
3. How many times did Lincoln copy the Gettysburg Address by long hand?
4. The South lost approximately how many soldiers?
5. What other famed orator is referred to in this section?
(a) John F. Kennedy
(b) Franklin Roosevelt
(c) Patrick Henry
(d) John Adams
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not used by Everett in describing the Southerners?
2. Who was the first person to receive notification that the chosen spot for Lincoln's speech was not the correct one?
3. What two words mark the difference between the Wills text and the Springfield text?
4. Who spoke about "the strategy of annihilation?"
5. How many words per sentence does Everett average?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Everett, what happened to the wounded left on the field?
2. How was Lincoln known for handling disputes in court?
3. Which two major speeches of Lincoln's are mentioned and how are they compared?
4. Did Lincoln have any previous experience in war? If so, what?
5. Who is currently in charge of the Gettysburg battlefield and cemetery? Why is this the logical choice?
6. Who is credited with making the most logical choice for the location of Lincoln's address? What is the main element of proof?
7. Why was Tilberg convinced his assessment of Lincoln's position was correct? Were there other options?
8. Why was it important to state that the living should be devoted to the dead?
9. What is the purpose of Wills marking out the parts of Pericles' speech?
10. What was the proposition made by the Founding Fathers?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)