|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surrounds the flagpole at Gettysburg?
2. During what war did Pericles make his speech?
(a) War of the Roses
(b) War of Troy
(c) Revolutionary War
(d) Peloponnesian War
3. The speech claims that we have been met where?
(a) Land of honor
(d) In front of heroes
4. Who may have made the most accurate claim as to where Lincoln stood?
5. According to Pericles, the soldiers died __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the correct site determined?
2. How many versions of the speech were presented to the public?
3. What two words mark the difference between the Wills text and the Springfield text?
4. Lincoln believed that following the war there would be a period of ______________________.
5. How many paragraphs are in the speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lincoln's opinion on violence versus non-violence?
2. What does Everett believe caused the defeat of the South?
3. Wills makes it a point to compare what theme in both speeches by Lincoln and Pericles?
4. What does Tilberg use as his main point regarding the location?
5. Why was Tilberg convinced his assessment of Lincoln's position was correct? Were there other options?
6. In what part does Everett talk about the battle itself? How are the parts separated?
7. Did Lincoln have any previous experience in war? If so, what?
8. Lincoln believed that it would not be of much consequence what was said in Gettysburg. What would be most remembered?
9. How was Lincoln known for handling disputes in court?
10. How many parts are contained in Everett's speech and what is the significance of the number?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)