|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many parts are included in Everett's speech?
2. In what year did Lincoln serve in the military?
3. Which of these does not apply to Gorgias?
4. Which part describes Lee's defeat?
5. Who currently runs the Gettysburg cemetery?
(a) The Wills Family Trust
(b) Department of the Interior
(c) Civil War Reenactment Society
(d) National Park Service
Short Answer Questions
1. In Lincoln's Second Inaugural Speech, he stated that the U.S. may have to pay for ________________.
2. Which text was surely not the correct one?
3. Lincoln believed that following the war there would be a period of ______________________.
4. In what year was the signed lithograph sold?
5. What city is connected to Pericles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Everett believe caused the defeat of the South?
2. Who is credited with making the most logical choice for the location of Lincoln's address? What is the main element of proof?
3. Why was it important to state that the living should be devoted to the dead?
4. Why was it not possible to consecrate the ground?
5. Lincoln believed that it would not be of much consequence what was said in Gettysburg. What would be most remembered?
6. What does Tilberg use as his main point regarding the location?
7. What change did the translation of Gorgias' undergo?
8. Which two major speeches of Lincoln's are mentioned and how are they compared?
9. What is the purpose of Wills marking out the parts of Pericles' speech?
10. What was supposed to happen to Lincoln's speech before it was to be put up for public auction?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)