|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who protested the naming of the site where Lincoln stood?
2. Everett believes that allowing the South to win would subject blacks to a terror such as the one devised by ____________.
(c) Atilla the Hun
3. What does antithetical refer to?
4. Which was not a factor in determining the real site?
(a) Elevation of the speaker
(b) Space for spectators
(d) Eyewitness accounts
5. When was the correct site determined?
6. It is important for all to know that the men who died did not do so in __________.
7. How many versions of the speech were presented to the public?
8. In Lincoln's Second Inaugural Speech, he stated that the U.S. may have to pay for ________________.
(a) Family feuds
(b) Presumptuous sins
(c) Politicians' rage
(d) Slavery's outcome
9. How many paragraphs are in the speech?
10. Which of these does not fit into Lincoln's list of things that cannot be done to the battlefield?
11. According to Pericles, the soldiers died __________.
12. Who currently runs the Gettysburg cemetery?
(a) Department of the Interior
(b) Civil War Reenactment Society
(c) National Park Service
(d) The Wills Family Trust
13. Lincoln calls upon the people to do what kind of work?
14. In what year did Lincoln serve in the military?
15. The South lost approximately how many soldiers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Lincoln believed that following the war there would be a period of ______________________.
2. Which of the following is not used by Everett in describing the Southerners?
3. During what war did Pericles make his speech?
4. In what year was the original site contested?
5. In the speech given by Pericles, he speaks of the virtues of his ____________.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)