|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The speech claims that all men are created __________.
2. Which of these does not fit into Lincoln's list of things that cannot be done to the battlefield?
3. What other famed orator is referred to in this section?
(a) John Adams
(b) Patrick Henry
(c) Franklin Roosevelt
(d) John F. Kennedy
4. Who currently runs the Gettysburg cemetery?
(a) National Park Service
(b) Department of the Interior
(c) Civil War Reenactment Society
(d) The Wills Family Trust
5. Which copy of the speech is most likely the authentic one?
6. How many words per sentence does Everett average?
7. Which part describes Lee's defeat?
8. The author is careful to point out what item in Pericles' speech?
(a) Useful references
(b) Use of language
9. When was the correct site determined?
10. Who most likely kept a copy of the speech as a souvenir?
11. Lincoln calls upon the people to do what kind of work?
12. Who was the first person to receive notification that the chosen spot for Lincoln's speech was not the correct one?
13. Who may have made the most accurate claim as to where Lincoln stood?
14. What two words mark the difference between the Wills text and the Springfield text?
(a) Poor people
(b) Downtrodden soldiers
(c) I surrender
(d) Under God
15. What currently stands in the spot where Lincoln supposedly stood?
(a) Statue of Union soldier
(d) Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lincoln, the nation was conceived in ___________.
2. How many versions of the speech were presented to the public?
3. Pericles also spoke of the value of which of the following?
4. In what year was Pericles born?
5. Who was supposedly going to write remarks on a copy of the speech before it went to auction?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)