|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which copy of the speech is most likely the authentic one?
2. Who is responsible for the formation of the government?
3. Which of these does not apply to Gorgias?
4. In what war did Lincoln serve as an officer?
(a) Civil War
(b) War of 1812
(c) Spanish-American War
(d) Black Hawk War
5. Everett's speech is an example of an oratory for what occasion?
6. Who may have made the most accurate claim as to where Lincoln stood?
7. Pericles also spoke of the value of which of the following?
8. What two words mark the difference between the Wills text and the Springfield text?
(a) Poor people
(b) Downtrodden soldiers
(c) Under God
(d) I surrender
9. In what year was Pericles born?
(a) 495 B.C.
(b) 100 A.D.
(c) 231 B.C.
(d) 94 B.C.
10. Who spoke about "the strategy of annihilation?"
11. The author is careful to point out what item in Pericles' speech?
(a) Use of language
(c) Useful references
12. How many words per sentence does Everett average?
13. How many paragraphs are in the speech?
14. What is a Gorgianism?
(a) Grave marker
(b) Balanced phrase
(d) Antebellum carriage
15. It is important for all to know that the men who died did not do so in __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the correct site determined?
2. Lincoln believed that following the war there would be a period of ______________________.
3. How many parts are included in Everett's speech?
4. Lincoln left out many topics in the speech which could have been addressed. Which is included?
5. How many times did Lincoln copy the Gettysburg Address by long hand?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)