|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Lincoln copy the Gettysburg Address by long hand?
2. What two words mark the difference between the Wills text and the Springfield text?
(a) Downtrodden soldiers
(b) I surrender
(c) Under God
(d) Poor people
3. Lincoln's approach was considered to be _______________.
4. Who spoke about "the strategy of annihilation?"
5. How many parts are included in Everett's speech?
6. In Lincoln's Second Inaugural Speech, he stated that the U.S. may have to pay for ________________.
(a) Family feuds
(b) Slavery's outcome
(c) Politicians' rage
(d) Presumptuous sins
7. During what war did Pericles make his speech?
(a) Revolutionary War
(b) War of the Roses
(c) War of Troy
(d) Peloponnesian War
8. How many generals were killed at Gettysburg?
9. Who preferred to focus on a policy of unconditional surrender?
10. The speech claims that all men are created __________.
11. In what city was a signed lithograph of the Gettysburg Address sold?
(c) New York
12. What is a Gorgianism?
(a) Balanced phrase
(b) Antebellum carriage
(d) Grave marker
13. Who is responsible for the formation of the government?
14. Which of the following is not used by Everett in describing the Southerners?
15. Everett believes that allowing the South to win would subject blacks to a terror such as the one devised by ____________.
(a) Atilla the Hun
Short Answer Questions
1. What surrounds the flagpole at Gettysburg?
2. Which part describes Lee's defeat?
3. The first part is titled, "The Athenian ______."
4. Who may have made the most accurate claim as to where Lincoln stood?
5. Lincoln offered pardons for which sector of the public?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)