|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was originally believed that Lincoln stood facing what item(s)?
(a) Susquehanna River
(b) The town
(c) Pickett's Charge
(d) Little Round Top
2. Which of the following is not used by Everett in describing the Southerners?
3. Lincoln's approach was considered to be _______________.
4. Which copy of the speech is most likely the authentic one?
5. Which was not a factor in determining the real site?
(a) Elevation of the speaker
(c) Space for spectators
(d) Eyewitness accounts
6. Which family's vault rests near the correct location?
7. Pericles also spoke of the value of which of the following?
8. The speech claims that all men are created __________.
9. Who preferred to focus on a policy of unconditional surrender?
10. What two words mark the difference between the Wills text and the Springfield text?
(a) I surrender
(b) Poor people
(c) Under God
(d) Downtrodden soldiers
11. The first part is titled, "The Athenian ______."
12. When was the Hay text discovered?
13. How many times did Lincoln copy the Gettysburg Address by long hand?
14. How many words per sentence does Everett average?
15. In what year did Lincoln serve in the military?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is connected to Pericles?
2. Who may have made the most accurate claim as to where Lincoln stood?
3. Lincoln states that the government shall not ______________.
4. What currently stands in the spot where Lincoln supposedly stood?
5. Everett's speech is an example of an oratory for what occasion?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)