|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lincoln said that one should hold firm as a ____ of steel.
2. How many words are contained in Lincoln's Gettysburg Address?
3. Wills says this about Lincoln, "He was a Transcendentalist without the ______."
4. Abraham Lincoln's depression was often referred to as _________________.
5. Henry Clay was not a member of which political group?
(b) Judicial Branch
(d) House of Representatives
6. What part of the classic speech tells people to live up to the sacrifice of those who died?
7. Where did Everett teach?
8. Where is Gettysburg?
(b) North Carolina
9. How many is "four score and seven years"?
10. In classical oration, there are two parts: Epainesis and _______________.
11. What was Lincoln's wife's name?
12. According to Wills, Lincoln's address is comparable to a classic oration of how many parts?
13. What state did Henry Clay represent?
14. Unlike Lincoln's words, many speeches of the day were considered to be _________________.
15. Lincoln believed that owning a slave put the master in the position of _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made it easier for Lincoln to speak about different topics in different areas?
2. Democrats were eager to keep the peace about what situation?
3. How many men were lost on each side of the Battle of Gettysburg?
4. Who was the president of the Southern states?
5. Lincoln identified with what type of minister?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)