|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the preferred type of plays?
(c) Greek tragedy
2. Webster had successfully argued how many cases?
3. Lincoln was considered to be less a politician and more a _________________.
4. Which of the following words were not used by Herndon to describe Lincoln?
5. What part of the classic speech tells people to live up to the sacrifice of those who died?
6. Which of these was not the basis for forming the American ideal?
(a) The government should protect those rights
(b) All men are created equal
(c) Every man has rights
(d) No man should be owned by another
7. What year is the main focus of the story?
8. In what city did Lincoln grow up?
9. What was Lincoln's wife's name?
10. What was a favorite place for these followers to gather?
(a) Someone's home
(c) Pool hall
11. To whom was Everett often compared?
12. What type of community was Gettysburg?
(d) Service related
13. How many years did Henry Clay serve in politics?
14. According to Lincoln, if the Founding Fathers had failed, people would have referred to them as ______________.
(c) Over ambitious
15. To whom did Webster present his arguments?
(a) American Medical Association
(b) Supreme Court
(d) The New York Times
Short Answer Questions
1. Lincoln was often referred to as what type of politician?
2. What word was never used by Lincoln in referring to those who committed illegal acts?
3. With whom did Lincoln often attend plays?
4. How many people lived in Gettysburg at that time?
5. According to the author, slaves were often referred to as "the _______ of war."
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)