|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix 3 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Lincoln commonly do to his speeches as a reminder?
(a) Require an assistant to memorize it
(b) Use cue cards
(c) Carry an extra copy
(d) Underline words
2. According to the book, which of the following was allowed to become a slave territory?
3. What does antithetical refer to?
4. Lincoln often referred to the Declaration of Independence as representing what?
5. How many people lived in Gettysburg at that time?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person to receive notification that the chosen spot for Lincoln's speech was not the correct one?
2. In what year was Pericles born?
3. In classical oration, there are two parts: Epainesis and _______________.
4. In the speech given by Pericles, he speaks of the virtues of his ____________.
5. This school of thought relied on what?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)