|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix 3 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who preferred to focus on a policy of unconditional surrender?
2. In what year was the original site contested?
3. Lincoln originally assured Southerners that he would not argue against which act?
(a) The Fugitive Slave Act
(b) The Kansas-Nebraska Act
(c) Crittenden Amendment
(d) The Dred Scott Case
4. Lincoln's depression was considered to be a sign of _________________.
5. Who was a devoted colleague of Webster's?
(a) Andrew Jackson
(b) Robert E. Lee
(c) Theodore Parker
(d) Joseph Story
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did Lincoln grow up?
2. Which topic was not avoided by Lincoln during the Gettysburg address?
3. Who was the first person to receive notification that the chosen spot for Lincoln's speech was not the correct one?
4. Which of the following was not mentioned as one of Parker's political concerns?
5. Everett's style was considered to be ______________.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)