|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word was never used by Lincoln in referring to those who committed illegal acts?
2. How many years did Henry Clay serve in politics?
3. What state did Henry Clay represent?
4. Regarding speech and poetry, what term is often referred to as the beat?
5. Who was a devoted colleague of Webster's?
(a) Joseph Story
(b) Andrew Jackson
(c) Theodore Parker
(d) Robert E. Lee
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Hay text discovered?
2. What pastime interested Lincoln?
3. Some believe that Lincoln wanted to be compared to what great historical figure?
4. What two words mark the difference between the Wills text and the Springfield text?
5. With whom did Lincoln often attend plays?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)