|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men were lost on each side of the Battle of Gettysburg?
2. How many times did Lincoln copy the Gettysburg Address by long hand?
3. Who was the commander of the Southern army?
4. Webster and Clay both supported what cause?
(a) The construction of the Gettysburg cemetery
(c) Preservation of the Union
(d) Lincoln's political campaign
5. The translation of "Arete" is:
Short Answer Questions
1. Everett's style was considered to be ______________.
2. Lincoln's approach was considered to be _______________.
3. When was the Hay text discovered?
4. What was the preferred type of plays?
5. What metaphor may be used to describe this experience?
This section contains 118 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)