|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To learn to write well, Lincoln studied Hugh Blair's work on what topic?
(a) Lyrical verse
(c) Great political speeches
(d) Non-fiction writing
2. Unlike Lincoln's words, many speeches of the day were considered to be _________________.
3. Regarding speech and poetry, what term is often referred to as the beat?
4. Lincoln often referred to the Declaration of Independence as representing what?
5. What state did Henry Clay represent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is not associated with the Culture of Death?
2. The epainesis section of an ancient funeral oratory has how many parts?
3. Who was the commander of the Northern army?
4. Who most likely kept a copy of the speech as a souvenir?
5. What was the preferred type of plays?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)