|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gettysburg?
(a) North Carolina
2. At whom did Lincoln often poke fun?
(a) Robert E. Lee
(b) Stephen Douglas
(c) Jefferson Davis
3. The author claims that Lincoln's abolitionist policies may be hard to understand if one believes the concept to be ______________.
(d) Ill planned
4. According to Wills, Lincoln's speech is _______________.
(b) Full of lament
(c) Overly emotional
5. What does the author refer to in context with the word "liminal"?
(a) Deja vu
(b) Where opposites meet
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Southern army?
2. Which of the following was not mentioned as one of Parker's political concerns?
3. Who was William Herndon?
4. In Lincoln's mind, which one of these things was not considered to be logical?
5. Daniel Webster was known as a great _______________.
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)