|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many words are contained in Lincoln's Gettysburg Address?
2. Who was the president of the Southern states?
(a) Stonewall Jackson
(b) George Meade
(c) Robert E. Lee
(d) Jefferson Davis
3. According to Wills, Lincoln's address is comparable to a classic oration of how many parts?
4. Henry Clay was not a member of which political group?
(b) House of Representatives
(d) Judicial Branch
5. Lincoln identified with what type of minister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word was never used by Lincoln in referring to those who committed illegal acts?
2. People often referred to the dead as returning where?
3. To whom was Everett often compared?
4. According to the author, slaves were often referred to as "the _______ of war."
5. What did Lincoln believe to be the most important "founding" document?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)