|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Northern army?
2. According to the author, Lincoln was responsible for bringing all but one of these items to his Gettysburg Address:
3. Who was the commander of the Southern army?
4. The crowd at Gettysburg gathered to dedicate a _____________.
5. For the dead, one should offer ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the living, one should offer ________________.
2. In classical oration, there are two parts: Epainesis and _______________.
3. How many days did the Battle of Gettysburg last?
4. Regarding speech and poetry, what term is often referred to as the beat?
5. What part of the classic speech tells people to live up to the sacrifice of those who died?
This section contains 140 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)