|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The crowd at Gettysburg gathered to dedicate a _____________.
2. According to the author, Lincoln was responsible for bringing all but one of these items to his Gettysburg Address:
3. According to Wills, Lincoln's address is comparable to a classic oration of how many parts?
4. What year is the main focus of the story?
5. For the living, one should offer ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people lived in Gettysburg at that time?
2. Because of the oncoming winter, how many bodies would need to be buried every day?
3. Who was the president of the Southern states?
4. In classical oration, there are two parts: Epainesis and _______________.
5. Who was the man put in charge of cemetery operation?
This section contains 137 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)