|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix 3 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surrounds the flagpole at Gettysburg?
2. The Culture of Death was considered to be ____________________.
(a) Foolish and a waste of time
(b) Stylish and romantic
(c) Prudent and necessary
(d) Required and revered
3. Some believe that all American novels came out of what popular book?
(a) Uncle Tom's Cabin
(b) Little House on the Prairie
(c) The Good Earth
(d) Huckleberry Finn
4. Who was the commander of the Southern army?
5. Which of the following is not one of the elements of the speech discussed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was supposedly going to write remarks on a copy of the speech before it went to auction?
2. In what state did Lincoln grow up?
3. With whom did Lincoln often attend plays?
4. Everett taught what famous writer?
5. How many years did Henry Clay serve in politics?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)