|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix 3 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many versions of the speech were presented to the public?
2. In the speech given by Pericles, he speaks of the virtues of his ____________.
3. Everett taught what famous writer?
(a) Henry David Thoreau
(b) Robert Frost
(c) Ralph Waldo Emerson
(d) Mark Twain
4. In what year was the signed lithograph sold?
5. Lincoln originally assured Southerners that he would not argue against which act?
(a) The Kansas-Nebraska Act
(b) The Fugitive Slave Act
(c) Crittenden Amendment
(d) The Dred Scott Case
Short Answer Questions
1. The South instituted laws against what activity?
2. When Lincoln would go off by himself, he referred to it as _______________.
3. Lincoln said that the soldiers "gave their lives that the _____ may live."
4. Daniel Webster was known as a great _______________.
5. In what state did Lincoln grow up?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)