|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which topic was not avoided by Lincoln during the Gettysburg address?
(a) The Civil War
(b) The Emancipation Proclamation
(c) A slave's right to vote
(d) Freed slaves
2. The Culture of Death was considered to be ____________________.
(a) Prudent and necessary
(b) Required and revered
(c) Foolish and a waste of time
(d) Stylish and romantic
3. Lincoln believed that what action would help to deter slavery?
(a) Imprisonment for slave owners
(b) Political speeches
(c) New laws
4. People often referred to the dead as returning where?
(a) To their ancestral home
(b) To Valhalla
(c) To God
(d) To Mother Earth
5. The epainesis section of an ancient funeral oratory has how many parts?
Short Answer Questions
1. For the living, one should offer ________________.
2. How many days did the Battle of Gettysburg last?
3. Ralph Waldo Emerson was a big believer in what school of thought?
4. How many people lived in Gettysburg at that time?
5. How many words are contained in Lincoln's Gettysburg Address?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)