|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who protested the naming of the site where Lincoln stood?
2. It was originally believed that Lincoln stood facing what item(s)?
(a) Susquehanna River
(b) The town
(c) Pickett's Charge
(d) Little Round Top
3. Lincoln said that one should hold firm as a ____ of steel.
4. What surrounds the flagpole at Gettysburg?
5. What was Lincoln's wife's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor may be used to describe this experience?
2. Everett's style was considered to be ______________.
3. The Culture of Death was considered to be ____________________.
4. Wills says this about Lincoln, "He was a Transcendentalist without the ______."
5. Who was the first person to receive notification that the chosen spot for Lincoln's speech was not the correct one?
This section contains 153 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)