|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Appendix 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lincoln said that one should hold firm as a ____ of steel.
2. With whom did Lincoln often attend plays?
(a) John Hay
(b) Daniel Webster
(c) John Philip Sousa
(d) William Henderson
3. Who was the first person to receive notification that the chosen spot for Lincoln's speech was not the correct one?
4. Lincoln is known for using words as _____________.
5. Which was not a factor in determining the real site?
(a) Elevation of the speaker
(c) Eyewitness accounts
(d) Space for spectators
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author refer to in context with the word "liminal"?
2. One of the most popular gathering spots was located in what city?
3. In what city did Lincoln grow up?
4. In what year was the original site contested?
5. Who may have made the most accurate claim as to where Lincoln stood?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)