• A brief history of the Civil War is recounted.
• Author discusses mistakes made by both sides.
• Edward Everett and Abraham Lincoln are set to speak at Gettysburg.
• Gettysburg is littered with thousands of dead bodies.
• A cemetery dedication ceremony is planned.
• The author dismisses several myths regarding Lincoln's participation in the ceremony.
• Lincoln's Gettysburg address would go on to become one of the most famous speeches in American history.
• Author reviews Greek influence on the times.
• Author discusses Everett's background.
• Lincoln's address is compared to Greek style.
• Parts of Greek speech and oratory styles are discussed.
• Author discusses "Culture of Death".
• Author discusses connections with the dead using séances, etc.
• Transcendentalism is explained.
• Wills refers to psychobiographers.
• Lincoln's depression is reviewed.
• Lincoln's views on Founding Fathers are examined.
• Lincoln was very careful about the subjects discussed in the Gettysburg Address.
• The author discusses...
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)