|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might any construct be frightened of becoming ooloi?
2. Who rescues Akin when the house is on fire?
3. What does Akin argue about on the shuttle?
4. What does Akin think he should do for the humans?
5. Why doesn't Jodahs want to mate with Marina?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Akin feel about Dichaan's plan for him?
2. What does Aaor do with Jodahs when he is going to heal the man and what is the result of his behavior?
3. What does Akin argue about concerning humans when aboard a ship with Dichaan and what is Dichaan's response?
4. What does Jodahs say about his metamorphosis, how old is he and what does he believe he will be following his metamorphosis?
5. About what does Akin warn the two girl constructs, how do they respond and what does he ask them to do?
6. What happens to Akin as he is going through change, how long will it take and what is happening in the village?
7. What are Akins hopes when they reach Phoenix, with whom do he and his captors stay? What does the kind man tell Akin to do in Phoenix?
8. What does Akin see at the house when he wakes up in Chapter Eight, who helps him and what do the group from Phoenix do?
9. What does Aaor say about Jodahs after he links with him and what does Nikanj say about Jodahs?
10. Why is Jodahs frightened about Nikanj's information and what does Nikanj say to him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The time this novel takes place in the future. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think technology in "real life" will have advanced as far as it has in Lilith's Brood? Do you think it will have advanced further? Explain thoroughly with examples.
2. What do you think are the difficulties of creating a setting far into the future? What are the advantages?
3. Many science fiction novels written in the early 20th century actually "predicts" some technology that is commonplace during the first decade of the 21st century. Research some early science fiction novels and discuss how much of the "pretend" technology is actually "real" now. How you think Napoleon Hill's belief that "what man can conceive and believe, man can achieve" can explain how technology in early science fiction is now a reality?
Essay Topic 2
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think Lilith's Brood is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Essay Topic 3
Most protagonists are a mixture of admirable traits and character flaws, and Lilith is no exception. Discuss the following:
1. Trace and analyze situations when Lilith demonstrates her special abilities such as her superhuman strength or super memory. Give specific examples to illustrate your analysis.
2. Trace and analyze Lilith's character flaws offering specific examples of these flaws in your discussion.
3. Discuss how you think Lilith's admirable traits makes her popular and able to help with many problems of her friends. Have her flaws impacted her life? Do any of her friends notice these flaws? Who? How does the reader know this?
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)