|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Curt believe Joseph was not human?
2. What does Joseph think the humans should do?
3. What do Lilith and Joseph find when they arrive at the meeting place?
4. Who are the ooloi?
5. What human does Lilith wake first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lilith have to stay with an ooloi and what does Nikanj ask Lilith to let it do?
2. Who is in the room when Lilith wakes in Chapter 2 and what does she learn?
3. Why does Nikanj take Lilith back home in Chapter 3 and what does Nikanj refuse to do when it takes her back?
4. What does Tate think about Lilith's story, what does Lilith show her and what does Tate say she is instead of a prisoner?
5. In the Training Floor where are the humans put, why and what are they talking about?
6. What happens when Lilith and Joseph try to hold hands and what do they know about it?
7. What does Jdahya tell Lilith the Oankali have discovered about the human species?
8. What do Tate, Gabriel and Joseph decide to do in Chapter Three, The Training Floor and what are the humans saying about their situation?
9. About what is Akin warned and why does his family watch him closely?
10. What does Lilith do when several men try to rape a woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oftentimes, a book has more of a character-driven plot rather than action driven, and oftentimes the other way. Some books seem to balance the two. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think it means to say that a plot is character driven? Action driven?
2. How do you think a plot differs if it is character driven versus action driven?
3. Which type of plot do you find more interesting? Why?
4. Do you think it is possible to have a plot where action and character development share equal time? Why or why not.
5. What type of plot do you think Lilith's Brood is? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Compare/contrast Lilith to Nikanj. How are they alike? How are they different? Do you think their differences are mainly due to their gender differences?
2. Compare/contrast Aaor to Jodahs. How are they alike? How are they different? How do their "world views" differ? Who is the better leader/ruler? Under which one would you rather live?
3. Compare/contrast Joseph to Gabriel. How are they alike? How are they different? Who is more likable? Approachable? Compassionate? Intellectual?
4. Compare/contrast Tino to Tomas. How are they alike? How are they different? Are they more alike than they are different? Why or why not? Are either or both trustworthy? Are they likable?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast Lilith's world to that of "real" life. What are the advantages to each world? The disadvantages?
2. In which world would you rather live in if you were human? What about if you were Oankali? Explain your response.
3. If you had an ooloi's abilities how would you use them? Use examples from Lilith's Brood and your own life to illustrate your answer.
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)