|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does one of the women attack Lilith?
2. How many different sexes of Jdahya's species are there?
3. What does Curt do to Lilith when he attacks their camp?
4. What happens among the humans as Lilith has more of them awake?
5. What kind of trade are the Oankali offering the humans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lilith find out about her memory when she allows Nikanj to work on her?
2. What does Lilith watch Jdahya do when they leave the room and what is his explanation of his action?
3. What happens when Lilith and Joseph try to hold hands and what do they know about it?
4. Why does Nikanj take Lilith back home in Chapter 3 and what does Nikanj refuse to do when it takes her back?
5. Who attacks Lilith's camp, what does he do, who finds Lilith and what happens to Joseph?
6. What happens to Tino and Akin when they are out alone?
7. What does Jdahya tell Lilith the Oankali have discovered about the human species?
8. What does Nikanj say about Lilith's worries?
9. Why does Lilith have to stay with an ooloi and what does Nikanj ask Lilith to let it do?
10. What does Lilith do when several men try to rape a woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Lilith's Brood, it is hard to know who is the "good" guy versus the "bad" guy. Discuss one of the following:
1. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are untrustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Lilith's Brood. How far into the book does it take to separate the untrustworthy from those who can be trusted?
2. Name two groups/factions/individuals who are trustworthy and analyze their actions and impact upon the plot throughout Lilith's Brood.
3. Are there some characters who can be trustworthy at times and not trustworthy at other times? Who? Why do they vacillate?
Essay Topic 2
There are non-human sentient beings in Lilith's Brood.. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss the Oankali. Who are they? What are their powers? What is their purpose? Are they "good" or "evil"? What do they look like physically? What role do they play in forwarding the plot? Are they believable? Why or why not?
2. Thoroughly discuss an ooloi. What are they? What are their powers? What is their purpose? Are they "good" or "evil"? What do they look like physically? What role does he play in forwarding the plot? Is he believable? Why or why not?
3. Thoroughly discuss a construct. What are they? What are their powers? What is their purpose? Are they "good" or "evil"? What do they look like physically? What role do they play in forwarding the plot? Are they believable? Why or why not?
4. Do you think sentient, non-human beings adds to the enjoyment of Lilith's Brood? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Lilith's Brood based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Lilith's Brood is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the fact that Lilith's Brood is a trilogy changes the criteria upon which its success should be judged? Explain.
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)