|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the humans who don't want to leave Earth still decide to do it?
(a) To get out from under the Oankali.
(b) To have a planet that hasn't had a war on it.
(c) To have a longer life span.
(d) To be healed of deformities.
2. How do Akin's captors find a note left at the first village?
(a) It is posted in the middle of the village.
(b) Akin smells the ink.
(c) The men ransacked the village.
(d) Galt knows where it is, it is his village.
3. What does Akin argue about on the shuttle?
(a) That humans should be forced to bond with the ooloi.
(b) The Oankali's responsibility towards the humans.
(c) Not having to go through metamorphosis.
(d) Humanity to not be forced into relationship with the Oankali.
4. Why is Nikanj disappointed about Aaor's metamorphosis?
(a) Aaor is not going to complete metamorphosis.
(b) Aaor is going to be a male.
(c) Aaor is going to be a female.
(d) Aaor is going to be an ooloi.
5. How long does metamorphosis take?
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Tino arguing with the Oankali in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 7, how did the woman Nikanj and Jodahs' head get hurt?
3. Where is Akin taken to show him where he will be hid if the Oankali come?
4. What happens to Jodahs as he is traveling with Tomas and Jesusa?
5. What does Akin tell the man who takes him away from the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. Akin realizes he needs to learn more and that he is Oankali enough to be heard when he explains about the resisters being mistreated.
2. What does Aaor do with Jodahs when he is going to heal the man and what is the result of his behavior?
3. Why is Tino arguing about Akin with the Oankali and what does Dichaan decide to do about it?
4. How is Tino found and what do the Oankali wonder about concerning Akin?
5. What do Tomas and Jesusa do when Jodahs begins his second metamorphosis and what do they not know about it?
6. Why is Akin worried the humans won't trust him and what does he ask of Tate?
7. Why does Nikanj say Jodahs and Aaor have to return to the ship and how does Jodahs respond to that assertion by Nikanj?
8. How is Tino healed and what must he do for the birth of his sibling?
9. What does Aaor say about Jodahs after he links with him and what does Nikanj say about Jodahs?
10. How does Akin feel about Dichaan's plan for him?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)