|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is happening to Akin in Chapter 5?
(a) He is feeling very sick.
(b) He is confused about his plans.
(c) He is being held captive by resisters.
(d) He is in and out of consciousness.
2. What does the ooloi tell Akin about his bonding with Tiikuchahk?
(a) It went very wrong and Tiikuchahk is dead.
(b) No ooloi tells him anything.
(c) It was successful.
(d) He cannot bond.
3. With whom is Akin spending a lot of his time?
(a) The ooloi council.
(b) His mother.
(c) The resisters.
(d) His sisters.
4. How does the thought of bonding with Tiikuchahk feel to Akin?
(a) It excites him.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) It confuses him.
(d) It disgusts him.
5. Why does Akin spend a lot of time with Tate when he first arrives in Phoenix?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) He wants her to have his child.
(d) She is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what do the people of Phoenix fight while Akin is there?
2. Why does the man in question #161 become angry with Jodahs?
3. Why does Akin decide to stay close to one particular captor?
4. What happens to Aaor after Jodahs heals the human?
5. What does Dichaan believe about humanity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Aaor do with Jodahs when he is going to heal the man and what is the result of his behavior?
2. What do the people who come to talk with Akin want to know? What do they have to say about his news?
3. What are Akins hopes when they reach Phoenix, with whom do he and his captors stay? What does the kind man tell Akin to do in Phoenix?
4. Where does Akin go and what does he find when he returns to earth? What does he tell his friends there?
5. Why does Nikanj say Jodahs and Aaor have to return to the ship and how does Jodahs respond to that assertion by Nikanj?
6. Who comes to fight with Akin's captors and what happens to them?
7. What does Gabriel do when Akin is healing Tate and what does Akin realize?
8. What does Jodahs say about his metamorphosis, how old is he and what does he believe he will be following his metamorphosis?
9. How is Tino healed and what must he do for the birth of his sibling?
10. Akin realizes he needs to learn more and that he is Oankali enough to be heard when he explains about the resisters being mistreated.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)