|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rescues Akin when the house is on fire?
2. Why does the man in question #161 become angry with Jodahs?
(a) He is angry they amputated his leg.
(b) His leg still hurts.
(c) He says Oankali use men as women.
(d) He hates the Oankali for destroying earth.
3. With what does Tate promise to help Akin?
(a) Other humans.
(b) Gabriel's anger.
(c) The Oankali.
(d) His mother.
4. What does Akin fear about metamorphosis?
(a) He will no longer be a male.
(b) He will no longer look Oankali.
(c) He will no longer look human.
(d) He will no longer be an ooloi.
5. In Chapter 4, what is wrong with one of Akin's captors?
(a) He is sick and vomiting blood.
(b) He is horribly deformed.
(c) His hand and leg are burned.
(d) He breaks his arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work did Gabriel do before the war?
2. Why is Nikanj disappointed about Aaor's metamorphosis?
3. Who is Akin's same sex Oankali parent?
4. What does Akin tell the man who takes him away from the group?
5. What does Nikanj tell the family to do if they come upon resisters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Akin go and what does he find when he returns to earth? What does he tell his friends there?
2. What do the people who come to talk with Akin want to know? What do they have to say about his news?
3. What happens to Akin as he is going through change, how long will it take and what is happening in the village?
4. Who comes to fight with Akin's captors and what happens to them?
5. Akin realizes he needs to learn more and that he is Oankali enough to be heard when he explains about the resisters being mistreated.
6. How is Tino found and what do the Oankali wonder about concerning Akin?
7. How is Tino healed and what must he do for the birth of his sibling?
8. Why is Jodahs frightened about Nikanj's information and what does Nikanj say to him?
9. Why does Nikanj say Jodahs and Aaor have to return to the ship and how does Jodahs respond to that assertion by Nikanj?
10. What does Tiikuchahk say about his choices in metamorphosis and how do the Oankali respond to his indecisiveness?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)