|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Akin think about humans and Earth?
(a) The humans should share earth with the Oankali.
(b) The Oankali should never have come to earth.
(c) Humans don't deserve such a nice planet.
(d) Akin can make a place for humans on earth.
2. What does Nikanj tell the family to do if they come upon resisters?
(b) Sting if necessary.
(d) Talk to them.
3. What does Nikanj tell Jodahs will be one of Jodahs' abilities?
(a) He will always know if someone is telling the truth.
(b) He can change his body to be what his mate wants.
(c) He can control a space ship with his mind.
(d) He will be able to mate without an ooloi.
4. In Chapter 4, what is wrong with one of Akin's captors?
(a) His hand and leg are burned.
(b) He breaks his arm.
(c) He is horribly deformed.
(d) He is sick and vomiting blood.
5. Why does Gabriel hit Akin?
(a) He found him mating with Tate.
(b) He thought he was someone else.
(c) He thinks Akin is hurting Tate.
(d) Because he looks Oankali now.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Akin remain quiet as they leave the second village in the middle of the night?
2. Why doesn't Jodahs want to mate with Marina?
3. Why do the humans who don't want to leave Earth still decide to do it?
4. Who takes the men into their home?
5. What does Jodahs seek when he goes into the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tino healed and what must he do for the birth of his sibling?
2. Who comes to fight with Akin's captors and what happens to them?
3. What does Akin think about Dehkiaht being with him?
4. What does Akin argue about concerning humans when aboard a ship with Dichaan and what is Dichaan's response?
5. What does Tiikuchahk say about his choices in metamorphosis and how do the Oankali respond to his indecisiveness?
6. How is Tino found and what do the Oankali wonder about concerning Akin?
7. What does Aaor do with Jodahs when he is going to heal the man and what is the result of his behavior?
8. How does Akin feel about Dichaan's plan for him?
9. What does Jodahs say about his metamorphosis, how old is he and what does he believe he will be following his metamorphosis?
10. What do Tomas and Jesusa do when Jodahs begins his second metamorphosis and what do they not know about it?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)