|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Akin go first when he returns to earth?
2. In Chapter 6, what has changed in Aaor's and Jodahs' relationship?
(a) They cannot be paired siblings.
(b) Nothing has changed.
(c) They will mate.
(d) They will have to live with each other.
3. Why do Akin and his captors leave the second village in the middle of the night?
(a) The men don't like the food there.
(b) The men fear what the people will do to get Akin.
(c) The village has a sickness.
(d) The village won't pay anything for Akin.
4. Who rescues Akin when the house is on fire?
5. What kind of work did Gabriel do before the war?
(a) He was a police officer.
(b) He was in the military.
(c) He was an actor.
(d) He was a banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter One of Exile, what does Jodahs begin to look like?
2. Why does Tate say she will leave Earth?
3. Why does Akin want to go to the ship?
4. What does Nikanj tell Jodahs will be one of Jodahs' abilities?
5. Why does Akin remain quiet as they leave the second village in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jodahs say about his metamorphosis, how old is he and what does he believe he will be following his metamorphosis?
2. Why is Akin worried the humans won't trust him and what does he ask of Tate?
3. What is Akin told about his plan for the humans?
4. What are Akins hopes when they reach Phoenix, with whom do he and his captors stay? What does the kind man tell Akin to do in Phoenix?
5. What do Tomas and Jesusa do when Jodahs begins his second metamorphosis and what do they not know about it?
6. How is Tino found and what do the Oankali wonder about concerning Akin?
7. How does Akin feel about Dichaan's plan for him?
8. What does Akin see at the house when he wakes up in Chapter Eight, who helps him and what do the group from Phoenix do?
9. Why does Nikanj say Jodahs and Aaor have to return to the ship and how does Jodahs respond to that assertion by Nikanj?
10. What does Akin argue about concerning humans when aboard a ship with Dichaan and what is Dichaan's response?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)