|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, how did the woman Nikanj and Jodahs' head get hurt?
(a) She was bit by an animal.
(b) She slipped into the river.
(c) Men hurt her.
(d) She fell from a tree.
2. What does Akin realize after he wakes up from Gabriel hitting him?
(a) He has finished metamorphosis.
(b) Humans are too violent.
(c) Gabriel almost killed him.
(d) He has started metamorphosis.
3. Why does Dichaan decide to ask the ship for a shuttle?
(a) So Tino can go to the ship.
(b) So Dichaan can return to the ship.
(c) To make Akin go to the ship.
(d) So Lilith can return for her last pregnancy.
4. What sex does Jodahs think it will be after his metamorphosis?
(b) He doesn't have an opinion.
5. What worries Akin about his appearance?
(a) He has never gotten very big.
(b) He no longer looks human.
(c) He looks more human than Tate.
(d) He no longer looks Oankali.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikanj tell the family to do if they come upon resisters?
2. What does Akin think about humans and Earth?
3. What is the name of the human who Jodahs healed?
4. Why does Akin want to go to the ship?
5. What can ooloi do that might make them powerful?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tomas and Jesusa do when Jodahs begins his second metamorphosis and what do they not know about it?
2. What does Jodahs begin to resemble and why? Who do they find who needs healing, what is Nikanj's response and why is Jodahs wary of healing him?
3. Why does Nikanj say Jodahs and Aaor have to return to the ship and how does Jodahs respond to that assertion by Nikanj?
4. Where does Akin go and what does he find when he returns to earth? What does he tell his friends there?
5. What does Tiikuchahk say about his choices in metamorphosis and how do the Oankali respond to his indecisiveness?
6. How does Akin feel about Dichaan's plan for him?
7. What is Akin told about his plan for the humans?
8. Who do Nikanj, Jodahs and the others meet as they leave to hide from the Oankali?
9. Who comes to fight with Akin's captors and what happens to them?
10. What happens to Akin as he is going through change, how long will it take and what is happening in the village?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)