|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can ooloi do that might make them powerful?
(a) Take over control of other people's minds.
(b) Control genetic material.
(c) Control the wind.
(d) They are not particularly powerful.
2. What does Jodahs' family decide to do about him?
(a) Kill him before he is found out.
(b) Mate him with Dichaan.
(c) There is no family decision.
(d) Go into exile.
3. Why does Akin hope he will be bought in Phoenix?
(a) It is very clean.
(b) There are many nice people there.
(c) The food is good.
(d) It is Tino's home village.
4. What relationship do Tomas and Jesusa share?
(a) Brother and sister.
(c) Uncle and niece.
5. What has Galt not said to the other captors about Akin?
(a) He has not told them Akin can talk.
(b) He has not said that Akin is older than he looks.
(c) He has not told them of Akin's gray tongue.
(d) He has not told them Akin can heal them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the male and female Jodahs finds in the forest?
2. What sex does Jodahs think it will be after his metamorphosis?
3. How does the thought of bonding with Tiikuchahk feel to Akin?
4. What is happening to Akin in Chapter 5?
5. Why doesn't Jodahs want to help heal the human whose leg needs amputated?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jodahs say about his metamorphosis, how old is he and what does he believe he will be following his metamorphosis?
2. What does Aaor do with Jodahs when he is going to heal the man and what is the result of his behavior?
3. Akin realizes he needs to learn more and that he is Oankali enough to be heard when he explains about the resisters being mistreated.
4. About what does Akin warn the two girl constructs, how do they respond and what does he ask them to do?
5. What does Aaor say about Jodahs after he links with him and what does Nikanj say about Jodahs?
6. What is Akin told about his plan for the humans?
7. What are Akins hopes when they reach Phoenix, with whom do he and his captors stay? What does the kind man tell Akin to do in Phoenix?
8. Who comes to fight with Akin's captors and what happens to them?
9. What does Akin think about Dehkiaht being with him?
10. How is Tino found and what do the Oankali wonder about concerning Akin?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)