|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dichaan believe about humanity?
(a) Humans and Oankali should never live together.
(b) The humans are superior to the Oankali.
(c) The Oankali have given them a second chance.
(d) The Oankali are far superior to the humans.
2. Why does Tate say she will leave Earth?
(a) She has not had a happy life there.
(b) It is too primitive.
(c) It is too polluted.
(d) To have children.
3. With whom does Tino need to bond in Chapter 5?
(a) Another ooloi.
(b) A sibling about to be born.
4. Why do the humans who don't want to leave Earth still decide to do it?
(a) To have a planet that hasn't had a war on it.
(b) To be healed of deformities.
(c) To have a longer life span.
(d) To get out from under the Oankali.
5. How do Akin's captors find a note left at the first village?
(a) It is posted in the middle of the village.
(b) The men ransacked the village.
(c) Galt knows where it is, it is his village.
(d) Akin smells the ink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What form of body does Akin prefer?
2. In Chapter 6, what has changed in Aaor's and Jodahs' relationship?
3. What is wrong with the male and female Jodahs finds in the forest?
4. What does Jodahs' family decide to do about him?
5. Who rescues Akin when the house is on fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tiikuchahk say about his choices in metamorphosis and how do the Oankali respond to his indecisiveness?
2. What happens to Akin as he is going through change, how long will it take and what is happening in the village?
3. What does Aaor do with Jodahs when he is going to heal the man and what is the result of his behavior?
4. How is Tino healed and what must he do for the birth of his sibling?
5. Akin realizes he needs to learn more and that he is Oankali enough to be heard when he explains about the resisters being mistreated.
6. What are Akins hopes when they reach Phoenix, with whom do he and his captors stay? What does the kind man tell Akin to do in Phoenix?
7. What do Tomas and Jesusa do when Jodahs begins his second metamorphosis and what do they not know about it?
8. Where does Akin go and what does he find when he returns to earth? What does he tell his friends there?
9. What do the people who come to talk with Akin want to know? What do they have to say about his news?
10. About what does Akin warn the two girl constructs, how do they respond and what does he ask them to do?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)