|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Iriarte tell Akin to do in Phoenix?
(a) To run into the woods.
(b) To speak so the people know he can.
(c) To act like a human baby.
(d) To keep his mouth shut.
2. What is wrong with the male and female Jodahs finds in the forest?
(a) They are blind.
(b) They are covered in tumors.
(c) They are hungry.
(d) They can't talk.
3. In Chapter 6, what has changed in Aaor's and Jodahs' relationship?
(a) They cannot be paired siblings.
(b) They will mate.
(c) They will have to live with each other.
(d) Nothing has changed.
4. Why didn't Akin bond with Tiikuchahk?
(a) Tiikuchahk was born on the ship.
(b) Tiikuchahk was in the resister camp when Akin was born.
(c) Akin was in the resister camp when Tiikuchahk was born.
(d) They are from two different parent groups.
5. Why does Akin want to go to the ship?
(a) To go with Dichaan to see his Oankali mother.
(b) To help the resisters.
(c) To accompany Lilith to the ship.
(d) He doesn't want to go to the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the woman in Phoenix want to do with the two female constructs?
2. Why doesn't Jodahs want to mate with Marina?
3. About what does Akin talk to Tate?
4. In Chapter 7, how did the woman Nikanj and Jodahs' head get hurt?
5. Why does the group from Phoenix go to Akin's town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Akin as he is going through change, how long will it take and what is happening in the village?
2. How does Akin feel about Dichaan's plan for him?
3. What does Jodahs say about his metamorphosis, how old is he and what does he believe he will be following his metamorphosis?
4. What does Akin argue about concerning humans when aboard a ship with Dichaan and what is Dichaan's response?
5. Why does Nikanj say Jodahs and Aaor have to return to the ship and how does Jodahs respond to that assertion by Nikanj?
6. Why is Akin worried the humans won't trust him and what does he ask of Tate?
7. Where does Akin go and what does he find when he returns to earth? What does he tell his friends there?
8. Why is Tino arguing about Akin with the Oankali and what does Dichaan decide to do about it?
9. What does Jodahs begin to resemble and why? Who do they find who needs healing, what is Nikanj's response and why is Jodahs wary of healing him?
10. What is Akin told about his plan for the humans?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)