|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jodahs look as he does?
(a) He doesn't know why he looks that way.
(b) There are no Oankali around to please.
(c) He is trying to fly.
(d) There are no humans around to please.
2. What does Akin argue about on the shuttle?
(a) That humans should be forced to bond with the ooloi.
(b) Not having to go through metamorphosis.
(c) Humanity to not be forced into relationship with the Oankali.
(d) The Oankali's responsibility towards the humans.
3. Why might any construct be frightened of becoming ooloi?
(a) They are considered dangerous.
(b) They are killed immediately.
(c) The constructs are not afraid of being ooloi.
(d) They will die young.
4. What sex does Jodahs think it will be after his metamorphosis?
(c) He doesn't have an opinion.
5. Why didn't Akin bond with Tiikuchahk?
(a) Tiikuchahk was born on the ship.
(b) Tiikuchahk was in the resister camp when Akin was born.
(c) Akin was in the resister camp when Tiikuchahk was born.
(d) They are from two different parent groups.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nikanj tell the family to do if they come upon resisters?
2. With what does Tate promise to help Akin?
3. What does Jodahs seek when he goes into the forest?
4. Who is Akin's same sex Oankali parent?
5. What kind of ooloia would the man in question # 161 use?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Akin see at the house when he wakes up in Chapter Eight, who helps him and what do the group from Phoenix do?
2. What do Tomas and Jesusa do when Jodahs begins his second metamorphosis and what do they not know about it?
3. What does Jodahs say about his metamorphosis, how old is he and what does he believe he will be following his metamorphosis?
4. What does Aaor say about Jodahs after he links with him and what does Nikanj say about Jodahs?
5. What do the people who come to talk with Akin want to know? What do they have to say about his news?
6. Akin realizes he needs to learn more and that he is Oankali enough to be heard when he explains about the resisters being mistreated.
7. Why is Tino arguing about Akin with the Oankali and what does Dichaan decide to do about it?
8. What is Akin told about his plan for the humans?
9. What are Akins hopes when they reach Phoenix, with whom do he and his captors stay? What does the kind man tell Akin to do in Phoenix?
10. What does Akin argue about concerning humans when aboard a ship with Dichaan and what is Dichaan's response?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)