|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lilith agree to go along with Tate and the others?
(a) To kill the Oankali.
(b) To keep her child.
(c) To spy for the Oankali.
(d) To be with Joseph.
2. What does Lilith offer to the resister?
(a) That he can stay in her village.
(b) That he can have the hares.
(c) That he can play with Akin.
(d) That she will help him collect mushrooms for his container.
3. With whom is Lilith told she must stay for a while to prepare for her future life?
(a) With Jdahya.
(b) An ooloi.
(c) A male Oankali.
(d) A female Oankali.
4. What are the humans speaking out about in Chapter 1?
(a) About having children.
(b) About Lilith's alien baby.
(c) About what the Oankali are doing.
(d) About the quality of the food.
5. What will make Akin look less human?
(a) His metamorphosis.
(b) When he becomes a female.
(c) He will always look human.
(d) Too much time in the sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Lilith's child?
2. How many different sexes of Jdahya's species are there?
3. Why did Curt believe Joseph was not human?
4. What are the humans given when put into an Earth environment on the ship?
5. Who is the first human Lilith meets on the Oankali ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the Training Floor where are the humans put, why and what are they talking about?
2. Who does Lilith meet in Chapter One of Dawn and how does she feel about Jdahya?
3. Who do Lilith and Akin meet in the forest and what is Lilith's reaction?
4. What does Tate think about Lilith's story, what does Lilith show her and what does Tate say she is instead of a prisoner?
5. Who is the first human Lilith is allowed to meet, how does the meeting go and what is the result of the meeting? What does Lilith tell the Oankali about the human?
6. Who is Akin and what does he look like? Who is is father and why does Lilith worry?
7. What does Nikanj say about Lilith's worries?
8. What happens when Lilith and Joseph try to hold hands and what do they know about it?
9. Why does Nikanj take Lilith back home in Chapter 3 and what does Nikanj refuse to do when it takes her back?
10. What two men are the first to be awaken by Lilith, what do they think of Lilith's story and what does one of them say about their return to earth?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)