|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tino's village?
(a) Haven Home.
(d) New Earth.
2. Why did Curt believe Joseph was not human?
(a) His minor injuries healed immediately.
(b) He was stronger than everyone else.
(c) He could see long distances.
(d) He was too smart.
3. What is the meaning of the word "trade" which Jdahya using?
(a) Buying and selling technology.
(b) Interbreeding with humans.
(c) Buying and selling metals.
(d) Buying and selling food.
4. What is the resister in the forest holding?
(a) A container for mushrooms.
(b) A sword.
(c) Some hares from Lilith's trap.
(d) A bow and arrow.
5. Why do Lilith and Akin go into the forest in Chapter 4?
(a) To tend a garden.
(b) To check their snares.
(c) To hunt for mushrooms.
(d) To collect pretty leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nikanj?
2. What does Jdahya say about his people helping Earth?
3. How does Lilith feel about Joseph's idea?
4. What do the eyes look like of the person in the room with Lilith?
5. What does Nikanj tell Lilith Kahguyaht wants to do to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lilith watch Jdahya do when they leave the room and what is his explanation of his action?
2. What does Jdahya tell Lilith the Oankali have discovered about the human species?
3. What is different about Akin's intelligence and his body from humans?
4. What does Tate think about Lilith's story, what does Lilith show her and what does Tate say she is instead of a prisoner?
5. What happens when Lilith is out gathering supplies and why did it happen?
6. Who is in the room when Lilith wakes in Chapter 2 and what does she learn?
7. Who attacks Lilith's camp, what does he do, who finds Lilith and what happens to Joseph?
8. Why does Nikanj take Lilith back home in Chapter 3 and what does Nikanj refuse to do when it takes her back?
9. How are the humans reacting when many of them have been woken and what does Lilith do when attacked and what does she realize?
10. What happens when Lilith and Joseph try to hold hands and what do they know about it?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)