|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lilith Iyapo?
(a) An anthropologist.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The seer.
(d) The character who is just awakening.
2. How does the person from question #38 think about what Lilith tells her?
(a) Is angry about it.
(b) Thinks it is wonderful.
(c) She believes Lilith and wants to learn more.
(d) Does not fully believe it.
3. Where does one of the humans attempt to escape?
(a) Into the Oankali's section of the ship.
(b) Into an escape pod.
(c) Into an air lock.
(d) Into a food supply cabinet.
4. What do Lilith and Joseph find when they arrive at the meeting place?
(a) No one there.
(b) An entire village.
(c) The trees have been cut down.
(d) The water is polluted.
5. What is odd about the place where Lilith awakens?
(a) It is round.
(b) It is all glass.
(c) It is octagonal.
(d) It has no obvious means of egress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't humans bodies use correctly?
2. Why is Lilith looking at the information about the humans on the Oankali ship?
3. Why does one of the women attack Lilith?
4. Why does Lilith tell Nikanj to go sit in a corner in Chapter 6?
5. How does Lilith feel about Kahguyaht's plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lilith do before she wakes any humans and who does she decide to wake first?
2. Who is Akin and what does he look like? Who is is father and why does Lilith worry?
3. Why does Lilith have to stay with an ooloi and what does Nikanj ask Lilith to let it do?
4. Where is Lilith Iyapo when she wakes up in Chapter 1 and what is different this time then other times she's awakened? What does Lilith know about her situation?
5. What two men are the first to be awaken by Lilith, what do they think of Lilith's story and what does one of them say about their return to earth?
6. In Chapter Nine, Nursery, why is Joseph angry at Lilith and what happens when they argue?
7. What does Nikanj say about Lilith's worries?
8. Why does Nikanj take Lilith back home in Chapter 3 and what does Nikanj refuse to do when it takes her back?
9. Who attacks Lilith's camp, what does he do, who finds Lilith and what happens to Joseph?
10. What does Lilith find out about her memory when she allows Nikanj to work on her?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)