|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the humans unwilling to lay down their weapons subdued by the Oankali?
(a) They are drugged.
(b) The ground grips them so they can't move.
(c) They are shot with trank guns.
(d) They are hit with an electrical current.
2. What can't humans bodies use correctly?
(c) The food of Jdahya's people.
3. Why do some question Lilith's leadership?
(a) She is a female.
(b) She doesn't speak their language well.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) They are unsure of her loyalties.
4. Who are the ooloi?
(a) An unsexed member of Jdahya's species.
(b) A special type of animal that eats radioactive wastes.
(c) Another species helping Jdahya's people.
(d) Jdahya does not tell Lilith.
5. When Lilith wakes again, who is in the room with her?
(a) Another psychiatrist.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A police officer.
(d) An alien.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first human Lilith meets on the Oankali ship?
2. What is odd about the place where Lilith awakens?
3. What does Jdahya tell Lilith?
4. What is Lilith trying to learn in Chapter 4?
5. Why do Lilith and Akin go into the forest in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lilith do when several men try to rape a woman?
2. Who is Akin and what does he look like? Who is is father and why does Lilith worry?
3. What does Lilith find out about her memory when she allows Nikanj to work on her?
4. Why does Lilith have to stay with an ooloi and what does Nikanj ask Lilith to let it do?
5. In Chapter 4, where do Lilith and Joseph go and why are the others following them?
6. How are the humans reacting when many of them have been woken and what does Lilith do when attacked and what does she realize?
7. What does Lilith do before she wakes any humans and who does she decide to wake first?
8. What happens when Lilith is out gathering supplies and why did it happen?
9. What does Tate think about Lilith's story, what does Lilith show her and what does Tate say she is instead of a prisoner?
10. In Chapter Nine, Nursery, why is Joseph angry at Lilith and what happens when they argue?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)