|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will Jdahya show Lilith around where she is?
(a) The next day.
(b) In another month.
(c) When she gets used to Jdahya's presence.
2. What does Lilith do with people after she awakens them?
(a) Has them take basic personality tests.
(b) Explains what is happening.
(c) Sets them up in an earth-like environment immediately.
(d) Sends them to the Oankali.
3. Why did Curt believe Joseph was not human?
(a) His minor injuries healed immediately.
(b) He was too smart.
(c) He could see long distances.
(d) He was stronger than everyone else.
4. How are the humans unwilling to lay down their weapons subdued by the Oankali?
(a) They are drugged.
(b) They are shot with trank guns.
(c) They are hit with an electrical current.
(d) The ground grips them so they can't move.
5. What do other Oankali tell Lilith is her role for the humans going to earth?
(a) She is to be the mate.
(b) She is to be the Oankali teacher.
(c) She is to be the priestess.
(d) She is to be the parent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Curt do to Lilith when he attacks their camp?
2. What does Lilith realize about her physical strength?
3. What is the meaning of the word "trade" which Jdahya using?
4. What happens when Lilith refuses to stay with the first human she meets on the Oankali ship?
5. Who are the ooloi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Lilith is out gathering supplies and why did it happen?
2. What does Lilith watch Jdahya do when they leave the room and what is his explanation of his action?
3. In Chapter 4, where do Lilith and Joseph go and why are the others following them?
4. What does Lilith do when several men try to rape a woman?
5. Who is the first human Lilith is allowed to meet, how does the meeting go and what is the result of the meeting? What does Lilith tell the Oankali about the human?
6. What does Nikanj say about Lilith's worries?
7. What happens to Tino and Akin when they are out alone?
8. Why does Nikanj take Lilith back home in Chapter 3 and what does Nikanj refuse to do when it takes her back?
9. Why does Lilith have to stay with an ooloi and what does Nikanj ask Lilith to let it do?
10. What two men are the first to be awaken by Lilith, what do they think of Lilith's story and what does one of them say about their return to earth?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)